Xiaomi Mi 4i is a new-age Android smartphone released the Chinese Smartphone manufacturers “Xiaomi” on April 2015. The device comes with a 5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display powered by a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor along with a 2 GB RAM and it runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system. If you would like to get better performance from this device, then you should root Xiaomi Mi 4i Android smartphone.
By rooting your device, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice, or install Stock Android Firmware (as the device comes pre-installed with MIUI ROM), or remove unwanted system apps which take up a lot of space in your device, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Xiaomi smartphone will void its warranty. Also, sometimes rooting will result in your device getting bricked and if that happens don’t held me responsible. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with the rooting procedure, it is important to take backup of personal data in your smartphone so that if the rooting process crashes your device, you can use the backup to restore the data. So, take a complete backup of personal data using appropriate apps.
2) Download Xiaomi Mi 4i USB Driver and install it in your computer. Only by doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the computer successfully.
3) Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone. If you are not sure how to do this, follow our instructions to enable USB debugging mode.
4) Ensure that your Xiaomi device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you have deactivated or uninstalled antivirus programs in your computer as they tend to interrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the main procedure given below.
Tutorial To Root Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Device:
1) To get started, download Xiaomi Mi 4i Rooting kit to your computer. Once done, extract the rooting kit package and save the extracted contents in a folder in your computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB data cable. If you have installed the Mi 4i USB drivers properly, then the connection will be successful.
3) Now, go the folder where you have extracted the rooting kit and click on “rec” file. Once done, you will see a command window similar to the one given below (and it will be in Chinese).
4) Next, enter number “1” and click on “Enter” in your keyboard. Once you have done that, your Xiaomi smartphone will ask for “USB Debugging.” Just press “Yes” in your phone.
5) Your device will reboot into the Fastboot mode, and it will stay that way for five minutes. After that, it will restart to normal mode, and you will see the “Root” message in the command window (as shown in the picture given below).
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Xiaomi Mi 4i smartphone and you will be able to the see the SuperSU app installed in your device. If you would like to confirm the root privileges of your smartphone, you can use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Also, if you encounter any issues while following the tutorial given here, do let me know via comments.