Micromax Ninja A91 is a decent quality Android smartphone that was released in March 2013. If you own this device and if you are a regular follower of our website, you would know that I have already written a rooting tutorial for this device. But the procedure involves rooting with the help of a computer. If you don’t have a computer and still want to root Micromax Ninja A91, then you are in the right page.
The rooting tutorial that I have given here for Micromax A91 doesn’t involve any Laptop or Desktop computer. Also, I have given a tutorial to flash TWRP custom recovery in your smartphone so that you can get the ability to install custom ROM firmware’s of your choice.
WARNING: Rooting your Micromax smartphone will void its warranty. Also, while following the rooting and TWRP installation procedure there is a chance that your device might get bricked and if that happens, don’t held me liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) Before getting started with a rooting or custom recovery installation procedure, it is always safe to take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone. So, take a backup using appropriate apps.
2) Next, you will need to enable the Installation of applications in your smartphone from unknown sources by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources (just tap on it).
3) Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following the path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tap on it to enable this option). If you can’t see developer options, then follow our guide to enabling Developer Options.
4) Now, make sure that you have disabled or uninstalled antivirus applications in your smartphone as they tend to have a habit of disrupting the rooting process. Also, make sure that your device has enough battery backup to withstand the rooting and custom recovery installation procedure.
Once you have finished the above-mentioned prerequisites, you can move forward to the tutorials given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Ninja A91 Without Computer:
1) To get started, download Framaroot apk directly to your smartphone. Once done, click on the .apk file to install the app in your device. While doing so, your device would show up warning messages. Just ignore them and install the app.
2) Once installed, open the app by clicking on Framaroot icon in your device. Now, select “Install Superuser” as the first option.
3) Next, click on any exploit given under the list of exploits and see whether it works. If it doesn’t, just click on the other ones until the rooting process begins.
4) Once the rooting process gets finished, you will get the following message: Success! Superuser and SU binary successfully installed. Now, to finish the rooting procedure reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax Ninja A91 without a computer. To confirm the root privileges of your device, use the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Let’s find out how to install TWRP custom recovery in your Micromax smartphone.
Tutorial To Flash TWRP Recovery In Micromax Ninja A91:
1) To get started, download TWRP recovery for Micromax A91, extract it and save the .img file in your computer. Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the TWRP image file to the root folder of your device’s SD card.
2) Now, unplug your smartphone from the computer and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools from Google Play store. Once installed, open up the app and grant Superuser permissions.
3) Next, click on “Recovery Update” menu and select the TWRP recovery image from your SD card. A pop-up will appear, asking whether you want to do flash recovery. Just tap “Ok” to begin the flashing process.
4) Once the flashing process is over, reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing TWRP recovery in Micromax Ninja A91 smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while following the rooting and TWRP recovery installation tutorial, drop in a comment below.