OnePlus 2 is the successor of OnePlus One smartphone and comes with a lot of improvements and new features. OnePlus 2 is the second smartphone that is launched by Chinese company OnePlus. OnePlus 2 comes with a big 5.5-inch display screen. The display of the smartphone will deliver a resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels. You get the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection with a display of OnePlus 2 which prevents any scratches and dust particles from entering the device. Under the hood of the OnePlus 2, you get a powerful 1.8 GHz quad core processor that belongs to Snapdragon 810 chipset. For better multitasking, you can use the 4 GB RAM, which you get with the device.
The hardware that you get in this device is just great and that too at an affordable price. If you want to install custom ROMs on your OnePlus 2 smartphone, you need to have root access on it and to root the device the bootloader of your device needs to be unlocked. Follow the step by step guide shared below which will help you to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2.
WARNING: Rooting your OnePlus 2 smartphone will void its warranty, and you won’t be able to claim it back unless you unroot your smartphone. So, think well about this before getting started with the rooting procedure.
- It is very important that you are having a backup of your OnePlus 2. Make sure you are having a backup of all the contents of your OnePlus 2 smartphone with you.
- Download and install drivers of OnePlus 2 on your computer. Once you have installed drivers of your smartphone on your PC, you will be able to connect easily it with PC.
- USB Debugging Mode needs to be enabled. You need to enable it from your OnePlus 2. Go to Settings > About Phone. Once you are here tap on Build number 8 times. Now open Settings of your OnePlus 2 and open Developer Options. Enable USB debugging from here.
- Your OnePlus 2 should have atleast 80% of battery in it.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre-requisites you are ready to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2.
Guide to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 2
Follow the step by step guide shared below which will help you to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2.
- Put your OnePlus 2 in fastboot mode. To enter Fastboot mode, press combination of Power + Volume Up You will see Fastboot mode written on your OnePlus 2.
- Now connect your smartphone with your PC using a USB cable. The drivers of your OnePlus 2 will automatically get installed.
- The next thing that you need to do is open command window. To open command window press, Shift Key, and right mouse From the menu select Open command window here.
- Once you have entered fastboot mode and command window is opened select the command which we have shared below.
You should see OnePlus 2 on the command window.
- Enter the next command which will unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 2.
Fastboot OEM unlock
On the screen of your OnePlus 2, you will see a notification. Select Yes there. In a couple of seconds, the bootloader of your OnePlus 2 will get unlocked.
The bootloader of your OnePlus 2 smartphone is finally unlocked. Now you can proceed to root your device. We will share rooting guide in another post soon.