If you are a regular reader of our blog you might also have read the guide where we shared the tutorial to root Lenovo A6000. If you are having root access on the Lenovo A6000 smartphone, you can install custom ROMs on the smartphone. There are a whole bunch of custom ROMs available for Lenovo A6000 smartphone. CyanogenMod 11 is a custom rom which you can install on Lenovo A6000 smartphone after getting root rights.
The custom ROM specializes in providing stock vanilla Android experience. With installation of this custom ROM the interface of your Lenovo A6000 will get changed. Cyanogenmod 11 also helps in increasing performance of the device and adds extra features which you don’t get with the stock software on your A6000 smartphone. To install Cyanogenmod 11 on Lenovo A6000 we have written a guide below.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your Lenovo A6000 smartphone should have root access on it. Follow the guide to root Lenovo A6000 here.
- Lenovo A6000 should have atleast 70% of battery in it.
- It is important to create backup of all the data which is present in your Android smartphone. Create backup of your all the data of your smartphone before you start the rooting process.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your smartphone. To enable USB debugging you need to go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 8 times. Go back to Settings where you will see a new tab named Developer Options. Open this tab and now select USB debugging
- Download Cyanogenmod 11 ROM file for Lenovo A6000 from here. Password for opening file is ssl.
- Download GAAPS from this link.
Guide to install Cyanogenmod 11 on Lenovo A6000
- First of all connect your Lenovo A6000 with your PC using USB cable. Once connected, copy both the ROM file and GAAPS on the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your smartphone and switch off your Lenovo A6000. The next thing which you need to do is enter recovery mode of Lenovo A6000. To enter recovery mode press combination of Volume Up + Power button. When you see recovery mode release the buttons.
- Once you have entered recovery mode use the Volume buttons for moving up and down and Power button to make selection.
- Wipe the data, cache, and Dalvik cache.
- Once you have wiped all data, select install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SD card.
- Select the ROM file that you copied in your phone and flash it on your Lenovo A6000.
- Once Cyanogenmod 11 ROM is flashed, flash GAAPS on your device.
Once you have flashed both Cyanogenmod 11 and GAAPS on your Lenovo A6000 smartphone, reboot your device.
You have successfully flashed Cyanogenmod 11 on Lenovo A6000 smartphone. If you are having any problems in flashing the ROM use the comments section to clear your doubts.