To get the latest features of Android Lollipop on your Lenovo A7000 with a custom ROM you can install Cyanogenmod 12.1. CyanogenMod 12.1 is a custom rom based on Android Lollipop v5.1.1. This custom rom will bring all the latest features of Android Lollipop. Cyanogenmod 12.1 also helps in improving the performance of Lenovo A7000 and also adds a whole lot of new features to the device. With the installation of this custom ROM you will get a new interface on your device, and the Vibe UI interface will be gone.
If you want to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 on your Lenovo A7000 smartphone, you can follow the guide shared below. To enjoy all the apps, you can also install GAAPS on your device. Follow the step by step guide shared below to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 on Lenovo A7000.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your Lenovo A7000 smartphone should have root access on it. Follow the guide to root Lenovo A7000 here.
- Lenovo A7000 should have at least 70% of battery in it.
- It is important to create a backup of all the data which is present in your Android smartphone. Create a backup of your all the data of your smartphone before you start the rooting process.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your smartphone. To enable USB debugging you need to go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 8 times. Go back to Settings where you will see a new tab named Developer Options. Open this tab and now select USB debugging
Guide to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 on Lenovo A7000
- First of all, connect your Lenovo A7000 with your PC using USB cable. Once connected, copy both the ROM file and GAAPS on the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your smartphone and switch off your Lenovo A7000. The next thing that you need to do is enter recovery mode of Lenovo A7000. To enter recovery mode press combination of Volume Up + Power button. When you see recovery mode release the buttons.
- Once you have entered recovery mode, use the Volume buttons for moving up and down and Power button to make selection.
- Wipe the data, cache, and Dalvik cache.
- Once you have wiped all data, select install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SD card.
- Select the ROM file which you copied in your phone and flash it on your Lenovo A7000.
- Once Cyanogenmod 12.1 ROM is flashed, flash GAAPS on your device.
Once you have flashed both Cyanogenmod 12.1 and GAAPS on your Lenovo A7000 smartphone, reboot your device.
You have successfully flashed CyanogenMod 12.1 on Lenovo A7000 smartphone. If you are having any problems in flashing the ROM, use the comments section to clear your doubts.