If you have used any Xiaomi device, you might be familiar with the user interface that one gets in Xiaomi smartphones. MIUI is the software that is present in Xiaomi smartphone, and the latest MIUI software which you can use on Xiaomi smartphones is the MIUI 7. If you are using Lenovo A6000 and want to have the interface of MIUI 7 on your device you can simply root your device and install MIUI 7 custom ROM. You will get the complete interface of MIUI 7 on your Lenovo A6000 by installing the custom ROM. Follow the step by step guide shared below as it will help you to install MIUI 7 ROM on Lenovo A6000.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Lenovo A6000 smartphone should have root access on it. Follow the guide to root Lenovo A6000 here.
- Lenovo A6000 should have at least 70% of battery in it.
- It is important to create a backup of all the data which is present in your Android smartphone. Create a backup of your all the data of your smartphone before you start the rooting process.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your smartphone. To enable USB debugging you need to go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 8 times. Go back to Settings where you will see a new tab named Developer Options. Open this tab and now select USB debugging
Guide to install MIUI 7 on Lenovo A6000
- First of all, connect your Lenovo A6000 with your PC using USB cable. Once connected, copy both the ROM file and GAAPS on the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your smartphone and switch off your Lenovo A6000. The next thing that you need to do is enter recovery mode of Lenovo A6000. To enter recovery mode press combination of Volume Up + Power button. When you see recovery mode release the buttons.
- Once you have entered recovery mode use the Volume buttons for moving up and down and Power button to make a selection.
- Wipe the data, cache, and Dalvik cache.
- Once you have wiped all data, select install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SD card.
- Select the ROM file that you copied in your phone and flash it on your Lenovo A6000.
- Once MIUI 7 ROM is flashed, flash GAAPS on your device.
Once you have flashed both MIUI 7 and GAAPS on your Lenovo A6000 smartphone, reboot your device.
You have successfully flashed MIUI 7 on Lenovo A6000 smartphone. If you are having any problems in flashing the ROM, use the comments section to clear your doubts.