OnePlus 2 is a great smartphone. This is the second smartphone that has been launched by OnePlus and is the successor of one the OnePlus One smartphone. To use custom Rom’s on the OnePlus 2 and enjoy applications that can be only used after having root access, you have to root OnePlus 2. Today we are going to share the guide with you which will help you to root OnePlus 2 smartphone and will also show you how to install TWRP Recovery.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your OnePlus 2 smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create backup of all the data which is present in your OnePlus 2 smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC, you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or OnePlus 2 from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to install TWRP Recovery and root OnePlus 2.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 2.
- Download SuperSU for OnePlus 2 and copy in the internal storage of OnePlus 2.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 2
- Copy the TWRP recovery file and paste in Fastboot and ADB tools directory. Replace the file with name “img”
- Put your OnePlus 2 in the bootloader menu. Press Power + Volume up button to enter bootloader menu of OnePlus 2.
- Once you have entered bootloader menu, connect your OnePlus 2 with your Pc using USB cable.
- The drivers of your OnePlus 2 will get installed.
- Now go to the folder where you have copied the Oneplus 2 recovery that we renamed to img earlier. Open a command window by pressing Shift Key + right mouse button and then selecting Open command window here.
- Now enter the command to check if your device is connected in fastboot mode.
You should see your OnePlus 2 here.
- Now to flash recovery enter the command mentioned below.
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
TWRP recovery will be flashed on OnePlus 2.
How to root OnePlus 2
Now you have to root OnePlus 2 smartphone. You can follow the steps shared below to root the device.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power
- When you see TWRP recovery, tap on Install Now browse for the SuperSU file that you downloaded before.
- Flash SuperSU on your OnePlus 2 smartphone.
- It will take a couple of minutes to complete flashing of SuperSU file. Once completed, reboot your OnePlus 2.
This is how you can install TWRP recovery and root OnePlus 2 smartphone.