HTC One M9 is a great smartphone. The one series by HTC is one of the best smartphones series which HTC has ever launched. A lot of great smartphones come under the One series and HTC One M9 is one of these smartphones. The design of the One M9 smartphone is amazing and is better as compared to its predecessor, the HTC One M8 smartphone. HTC One M9 comes with a 5.0-inch display screen that delivers a resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels. The device comes with a 2 Ghz quad core processor and 3 GB RAM. With this hardware, you will be able to play all your favorite games easily on the HTC One M9 smartphone.
To unlock the full power of the HTC One M9, you should root your device. There is a rooting guide available which will help you to root HTC One M9, but before getting root access on HTC One M9 you need to unlock its bootloader first. In this post, we are going to show you how you can easily unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9 and install TWRP recovery on it.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your HTC One M9 smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your HTC One M9 smartphone as all data will be lost once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC, you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or HTC One M9 from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9.
Guide to unlock bootloader of HTC One M9
Follow the step by step guide that we have shared below as it will help you to unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9 easily.
- The first thing that you need to do is open the HTC Dev website. You can click on this link to open HTC dev website.
- Once you have opened the website, register an account there. It is very easy to register an account as you have to enter only a few details like e-mail address and name etc.
- Once you have created your account, open this link.
- Once you have opened this page on your web browser, select Unlock bootloader A new page will open. Now choose Get Started option.
- Now you have to use your HTC One M9 smartphone. Switch off your smartphone and turn it back on in the bootloader menu. Press Volume down button and while you are holding the Volume down key press the Power button. Your HTC One M9 smartphone will enter bootloader menu.
- Once your device has entered in bootloader menu you have to go to the location where you have stored the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools. Once you are in that folder, open the command prompt by selecting right mouse button + Shift key. A menu will appear and from here you have to select Open command window here.
- You are ready to connect your HTC One M9 smartphone with your PC. Use a USB cable to connect the device with your PC.
- Now you have to enter the command that we have shared below in the command window that is present on your computer screen.
- You will see a long text in front of you. Select it and paste it in a Notepad file.
- Now you have to open a link on your PC.
- Once you have opened this link, you will see My device identifier token option there. Paste the code which you copied in Notepad and then click on Submit
- Check your e-mail address as you will receive a file on it with the name of bin. Download the file and copy it in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools directory.
- Enter the command shared below which will start unlocking the bootloader.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- You will see an alert notification on your HTC One M9. Click on Agree and the bootloader of your HTC One M9 will get unlocked.
This is how you can unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9.
Guide to install TWRP recovery on HTC One M9
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of HTC One M9, you need to install recovery on it. We suggest you to install TWRP recovery as it is the best recovery available for the HTC One M9 smartphone. Follow the guide share below to install TWRP recovery on HTC One M9.
- Download TWRP recovery and put it in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools folder.
- Once you have copied the recovery file, open command window. To open command window, you have to go to the location where you have installed the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools. Once you are in that folder, open the command prompt by selecting right mouse button + Shift key. A menu will appear and from here you have to select Open command window
- Put your device in the bootloader menu. Press Volume down button and while you are holding the Volume down key press the Power button. Your HTC One M9 smartphone will enter bootloader menu.
- On the command window enter the command mentioned below which will install TWRP recovery.
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It will take a couple of minutes to flash recovery on the HTC One M9. Once recovery is flashed, enter the command mentioned below which will reboot your device.
TWRP recovery will be flashed on HTC One M9. This is the best method that you can follow to unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9 and flash TWRP recovery.