There are a lot of amazing smartphones launched by HTC. HTC One M9 is the successor of HTC One M8 smartphone and comes with powerful hardware and a good design. If you are looking for an ultimate flagship killer, HTC One M9 is the smartphone that you need to try. A few days ago we shared the guide to unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9 and install TWRP recovery on it. If you have unlocked the bootloader of the device and have also installed TWRP recovery on your device, you are ready to get root access on it. Today in this guide we are going to show you how to root HTC One M9. Follow the step by step guide shared below as it will help you to root HTC One M9.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your HTC One M9 smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your HTC One M9 smartphone to be on a safer side.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging, go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
- You need to enable Installation via Unknown Sources. Go to Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources so that you can install the third party applications.
- Install driver of HTC One M9 on your PC by downloading them from this link.
- Unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery on HTC One M9 by following this guide.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to install and root HTC One M9.
Guide to root HTC One M9
Follow the step by step guide shared below as it will help you to root HTC One M9.
- Download SuperSU for your HTC One M9 by opening this link. Once you have downloaded SuperSU, put it in the internal storage of your HTC One M9.
- Now you have to enter the recovery mode of HTC One M9. To enter recovery mode of HTC One M9, switch off your device and turn it back on in bootloader/fastboot menu press Volume down button and while you are holding the Volume down key press the Power button. Your HTC One M9 smartphone will enter the fastboot menu. Go to recovery option by using the Volume buttons and confirm the selection by using the Power key.
- You will enter recovery mode of HTC One M9. Now you have to go to Install option and browse the SuperSU file that you copied to the phone earlier.
- Flash the file and once flashed reboot your HTC One M9.
Your HTC One M9 smartphone is finally rooted. You can now install custom ROMs on the device and enjoy special rooted applications.