Galaxy Note series by Samsung comes with high end Android devices. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is the fifth Note smartphone which makes to the Samsung Galaxy Note series. The smartphone was launched along with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with a 5.7-inch display screen which delivers resolution of 1440 X 1560 pixels. The hardware which is present in the Galaxy Note 5 is simply killer. The 2.1 Ghz quad core processor and 4 GB RAM can only be put to the best use if you have rooted your device. There is a rooting guide available which will help you to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5. If you are interested to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you can follow the step by step guide which we have shared below.
Note: The tutorial which we are going to share will work only on selected models. Check the model of your device before following the rooting tutorial. You can go to Settings > About Phone and find the model number.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Download and install drivers or Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there. Also Enable OEM Unlock from here.
- Download Kernel and Recovery for N920T from here.
- Download Kernel and Recovery for N920P from here.
- Download latest version of Odin software from here.
- Download SuperSU for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from here.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Follow the step by step guide shared below to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- The first thing that you have to do is enter the download mode of your device. To enter Download mode switch off your Galaxy Note 5 and turn it back on by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power button.
- When you see a yellow triangle on your Note 5, release the buttons. Press the Volume Up key and you will enter download mode.
- Extract Odin and open it on your PC. Connect your smartphone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Once your device is connected, Odin should identify it and Connected will be written on the screen. If your device is not identified, you need to install the USB drivers of your smartphone on your PC.
- Once your device is identified, you need to go to AP option and then select the .md5 file you downloaded for your mobile. Check mark Reset Time in the options tab.
- Once you have added the file and checked F.Reset Time, click on Start This will start rooting process on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Once your device is rooted you will see PASS written on the software.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 5.