If you want to buy a high-end Android smartphone you need to get your hands on Moto X Style. The Moto X Style is a 5.7-inch Android smartphone that has powerful hardware and amazing features. The device delivers a resolution of 1440 X 2560 pixels. Moto X Style comes with a 1.4 Ghz quad core processor. The processor is based on Snapdragon 808 chipset. The 3 GB RAM helps in running all the games easily on the Moto X style. Moto X style comes with 21 Mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash and 5 Mega pixel front camera.
To get root access on the Moto X style, you need to unlock its bootloader first. Today in this post we will show you how to unlock the bootloader of Moto X Style.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Moto X Style smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create the backup of all the data which is present in your Moto X Style smartphone as all data will be lost once the bootloader is unlocked.
- This method will only work on Moto X Style Pure XT 1575. Check the model number of your device by going to Settings > About Phone.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC, you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or Moto X Style from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging to go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to unlock the bootloader of Moto X Style.
How to unlock bootloader of Moto X Style
- First of all, enter bootloader menu of your device. To enter bootloader menu of Moto X Style, press Volume Down + Power buttons for around 5 seconds.
- As soon as you have entered bootloader menu, connect your Moto X Style smartphone with your PC using USB cable.
- Open the folder where you have installed Android SDK or ADB and Fastboot tools. If you are installed Android SDK you need to go to C :> Android SDK > Platform – tools. Now you have to open command window here. To open command window press Shift Key + right mouse From the list that appears in front of you select open command window here.
- Enter the command that we have shared below in the command window.
fastboot OEM get_unlock_data
- You will see a string on the window. Copy the string and paste it in notepad. Remove all the spaces and INFO from the string.
- Now you have to open this website on your web browser. Use your Google account to sign in the website. Now copy the code that was in Notepad and paste it in the big box. Once you have pasted the code, click on Can my device be unlocked?
- Now scroll at the bottom and click on Unlock Key option followed by I Agree. Now click on Request Unlock Key. You will receive an e-mail using that you logged in.
- Open the mail and copy the key received in it. Now use the same command prompt that you used earlier to enter the command mentioned below.
Fastboot OEM unlock “Enter key here.”
Hit Enter and the bootloader of your Moto X Style smartphone will get unlocked.