If you are planning to root Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone you should know that you need to unlock it’s bootloader first. If the bootloader of your device is not unlocked, you will not be able to get root access on the device. If you are a newbie and are thinking how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Moto Maxx, you are at the right place as today we are going to tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Moto Maxx. Follow the step by step guide shared below as it will help you to unlock the bootloader of Moto Maxx.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone as all data will be lost once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC, you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or Motorola Moto Maxx from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging to go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Moto Maxx.
How to unlock bootloader of Motorola Moto Maxx
- First of all, enter bootloader menu of your device. To enter bootloader menu of Motorola Moto Maxx, press Volume Down + Power buttons for around 5 seconds.
- As soon as you have entered bootloader menu, connect your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone with your PC using USB cable.
- Open the folder where you have installed Android SDK or ADB and Fastboot tools. If you are installed Android SDK you need to go to C :> Android SDK > Platform – tools. Now you have to open command window here. To open command window press Shift Key + right mouse From the list that appears in front of you select open command window here.
- Enter the command that we have shared below in the command window.
fast boot OEM get_unlock_data
- You will see a string on the window. Copy the string and paste it in notepad. Remove all the spaces and INFO from the string.
- Now you have to open this website on your web browser. Use your Google account to sign in the website. Now copy the code that was in Notepad and paste it in the big box. Once you have pasted the code, click on Can my device be unlocked?
- Now scroll at the bottom and click on Unlock Key option followed by I Agree. Now click on Request Unlock Key. You will receive an e-mail using that you logged in.
- Open the mail and copy the key received in it. Now use the same command prompt that you used earlier to enter the command mentioned below.
Fastboot OEM unlock “Enter key here.”
Hit Enter and the bootloader of your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone will get unlocked.