If you have root access on your Lenovo K3 Note smartphone, you have the ability to install custom ROMs on the device. There are a lot of custom ROMs available for Lenovo K3 Note and one of the best ROMs which you can use on Lenovo K3 Note is Carbon Rom. The rom comes with a lot of advanced features which you will not get in the stock software of the Lenovo K3 Note. You will get a stock vanilla Android interface which is well known for delivering a nice performance. If you are interested in installing Carbon Rom on Lenovo K3 Note, follow the step by step guide shared below.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Lenovo K3 Note smartphone should have root access on it. Follow the guide to root Lenovo K3 Note here.
- Lenovo K3 Note should have atleast 70% of battery in it.
- It is important to create a backup of all the data which is present in your Android smartphone. Create a backup of your all the data of your smartphone before you start the rooting process.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your smartphone. To enable USB debugging you need to go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 8 times. Go back to Settings where you will see a new tab named Developer Options. Open this tab and now select USB debugging
Guide to install CARBON ROM on Lenovo K3 Note
- First of all, connect your Lenovo K3 Note with your PC using USB cable. Once connected, copy both the ROM file and GAAPS on the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your smartphone and switch off your Lenovo K3 Note. The next thing that you need to do is enter recovery mode of Lenovo K3 Note. To enter recovery mode press combination of Volume Up + Power button. When you see recovery mode release the buttons.
- Once you have entered recovery mode, use the Volume buttons for moving up and down and Power button to make a selection.
- Wipe the data, cache and Dalvik cache.
- Once you have wiped all data, select install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SD card.
- Select the ROM file that you copied in your phone and flash it on your Lenovo K3 Note.
- Once CARBON ROM ROM is flashed, flash GAAPS on your device.
Once you have flashed both CARBON ROM and GAAPS on your Lenovo K3 Note smartphone, reboot your device.
You have successfully flashed CARBON ROM on Lenovo K3 Note smartphone. If you are having any problems in flashing the ROM, use the comments section to clear your doubts.