A few days ago we shared the guide to unlock the bootloader of Moto X style. If you successfully unlocked the bootloader of Moto X style you are eligible for rooting the device and install TWRP recovery. Once you have rooted your Moto X style smartphone and flashed TWRP recovery, you will be able to install custom ROMs on the device and customize your Moto x style as per your needs.
You only need a few things to install TWRP recovery and root Moto X Style. Follow the step by step guide shared in this post as it will help you to root Moto X style.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Moto X Style smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Moto X Style smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC, you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or Moto X Style from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging to go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
- The bootloader of your Moto X Style should be unlocked. Follow the guide to unlock the bootloader of Moto X Style.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to install TWRP Recovery and root Moto X Style.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Moto X Style.
- Download SuperSU for Moto X Style and copy in the internal storage of Moto X Style.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Moto X Style
- Copy the TWRP recovery file and paste in Fastboot and ADB tools directory. Replace the file with name “img”
- Put your Moto X Style in the bootloader menu. Press Power + Volume up button to enter bootloader menu of Moto X Style.
- Once you have entered bootloader menu, connect your Moto X Style with your Pc using USB cable.
- The drivers of your Moto X Style will get installed.
- Now go to the folder where you have copied the Moto X Style recovery that we renamed to img earlier. Open a command window by pressing Shift Key + right mouse button and then selecting Open command window here.
- Now enter the command to check if your device is connected in fastboot mode.
You should see your Moto X Style here.
- Now to flash recovery enter the command mentioned below.
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
TWRP recovery will be flashed on Moto X Style.
How to root Moto X Style
Now you have to root Moto X Style smartphone. You can follow the steps shared below to root the device.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power
- When you see TWRP recovery, tap on Install Now browse for the SuperSU file that you downloaded before.
- Flash SuperSU on your Moto X Style smartphone.
- It will take a couple of minutes to complete flashing of SuperSU file. Once completed, reboot your Moto X Style.
This is how you can install TWRP recovery and root Moto X Style smartphone.