We all know that Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is a great smartphone. The smartphone belongs to the Samsung Galaxy Note series and has powerful hardware and amazing set of features packed in it. A few days ago we shared the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5. If you have root access on the Galaxy Note 5 smartphone, then you will be able to install applications that need root access.
There is one more benefit of rooting the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone and that is one will be able to install custom roms on the device. In order to install custom roms, a custom recovery like TWRP recovery is required. The TWRP recovery is finally available for the Samsung galaxy Note 5. If you want to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, follow the step by step guide shared below.
Note: The tutorial which we are going to share will work only on selected models. Check the model of your device before following the guide we have shared. You can go to Settings > About Phone and find the model number.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Download and install drivers or Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there. Also Enable OEM Unlock from here.
- You should have root access on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Follow the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Download TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from here.
How to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Follow the step by step guide shared below to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- The first thing which you have to do is enter the download mode of your device. To enter Download mode switch off your Galaxy Note 5 and turn it back on by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power button.
- When you see a yellow triangle on your Note 5, release the buttons. Press the Volume Up key and you will enter download mode.
- Extract Odin and open it on your PC. Connect your smartphone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Once your device is connected, Odin should identify it, and Connected will be written on the screen. If your device is not identified, you need to install the USB drivers of your smartphone on your PC.
- Once your device is identified, you need to go to AP option and then select the .md5 TWRP file you downloaded for your mobile. Check mark Reset Time in the options tab.
- Once you have added the file and checked F.Reset Time, click on Start This will flashing process on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Once your device is flashed you will see PASS written on the software.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.