One of the best smartphones which is launched by Motorola is the Moto Maxx. If you like android smartphones with powerful hardware you should probably go for the Motorola Moto Maxx. Moto Maxx is the only Motorola smartphone which has powerful hardware hidden beneath the beautiful design. As we know that there are rooting methods available for all the Motorola devices, if you are using Motorola Moto Maxx, you can root it too.
Today we are going to share the method with you which will help you to install TWRP recovery and then root Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone. You can follow the step by step guide shared below to root Motorola Moto Maxx.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC, you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or Motorola Moto Maxx from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging to go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
- The bootloader of your Motorola Moto Maxx should be unlocked. Follow the guide to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Moto Maxx.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to install TWRP Recovery and root Motorola Moto Maxx.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Motorola Moto Maxx.
- Download SuperSU for Motorola Moto Maxx and copy in internal storage of Motorola Moto Maxx.
How to flash TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto Maxx
- Copy the TWRP recovery file and paste in Fastboot and ADB tools directory. Replace the file with name “img”
- Put your Motorola Moto Maxx in the bootloader menu. Press Power + Volume up button to enter bootloader menu of Motorola Moto Maxx.
- Once you have entered bootloader menu, connect your Motorola Moto Maxx with your Pc using USB cable.
- The drivers of your Motorola Moto Maxx will get installed.
- Now go to the folder where you have copied the Motorola Moto Maxx recovery that we renamed to img earlier. Open a command window by pressing Shift Key + right mouse button and then selecting Open command window here.
- Now enter the command to check if your device is connected in fastboot mode.
You should see your Motorola Moto Maxx here.
- Now to flash recovery enter the command mentioned below.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
TWRP recovery will be flashed on Motorola Moto Maxx.
How to root Motorola Moto Maxx
Now you have to root Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone. You can follow the steps shared below to root the device.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power
- When you see TWRP recovery, tap on Install Now browse for the SuperSU file that you downloaded before.
- Flash SuperSU on your Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone.
- It will take a couple of minutes to complete flashing of SuperSU file. Once completed, reboot your Motorola Moto Maxx.
This is how you can install TWRP recovery and root Motorola Moto Maxx smartphone.