Galaxy S6 Edge is the latest Samsung Edge smartphone. S6 Edge Plus not only comes with great design but also powerful hardware and amazing features. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus comes with a 5.7-inch display screen. The 5.7-inch display of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will deliver a resolution of 1440 X 2560 pixels. One of the best things that one would love about the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus is the powerful hardware which is hidden beneath the beautiful design of this device. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus comes with a 2.1 Ghz octa core processor and 4 GB RAM.
The device runs on latest version of Android i.e. Android Lollipop. If you want to install custom ROMs or want to customize your S6 Edge Plus you need to root your device. You can have a look at the guide shared below as it will help you in getting root access on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
Note: The tutorial which we are going to share will work only on selected models. Check the model of your device before following the rooting tutorial. You can go to Settings > About Phone and find the model number.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked; SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your risk.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Download and install drivers or Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging to go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there. Also Enable OEM Unlock from here.
- Download Kernel and Recovery for G928C/I from here.
- Download Kernel and Recovery for G928S/K/L from here.
- Download latest version of Odin software from here.
- Download SuperSU for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus from here.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Follow the step by step guide shared below to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
- The first thing that you have to do is enter the download mode of your device. To enter Download mode switch off your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and turn it back on by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power button.
- When you see a yellow triangle on your S6 Edge Plus, release the buttons. Press the Volume Up key and you will enter download mode.
- Extract Odin and open it on your PC. Connect your smartphone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Once your device is connected, Odin should identify it, and Connected will be written on the screen. If your device is not identified, you need to install the USB drivers of your smartphone on your PC.
- Once your device is identified, you need to go to AP option and then select the .md5 file you downloaded for your mobile. Check mark Reset Time in the options tab.
- Once you have added the file and checked F.Reset Time, click on Start This will start rooting process on Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge Plus.
- Once your device is rooted you will see PASS written on the software.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.