Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is the second Redmi Note smartphone which is launched by Xiaomi. The smartphone is successor of Xiaomi Redmi Note, a budget Phablet which gained a lot of popularity among mobile users. The smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch display screen which delivers resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels. Xiaomi Redmi 2 comes with good hardware as you get a 2.2 Ghz octa core processor and 2 GB RAM. The smartphone comes with Android Lollipop v5.0, the latest Android operating system which is available out there.
If you want to enjoy root access on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone you should have root access on your device. It is very easy to gain root access on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. Follow the step by step guide shared below as it will help you to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
WARNING: We are not responsible for any damages –if done- to your smartphone while rooting, flashing. Your device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted if you have not followed the proper steps. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone should have more than 80% of battery present in it.
- Create a backup of all the data which is present in your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone to be on a safer side.
- Install Fastboot and ADB Tools on your PC. If Fastboot and ADB Tools are not installed on your PC you can download them from here.
- Download and install drivers or Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 from here.
- USB Debugging should be enabled. To enable USB debugging go to Settings > About Phone. Now you have to tap build number 5-7 times. Return to Developer Options and open it. Now select USB debugging from there.
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
How to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Follow the step by step guide shared below as it will help you to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
- The first thing that you need to do is download the TWRP recovery and SuperSU files for Redmi Note 2.
- Once you have downloaded the TWRP recovery, rename it to “img” and paste it in directory where you have installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Copy the SuperSU file in the internal storage of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
- Now switch off your smartphone and turn it back on in Fastboot mode. To enter Fastboot mode of Xiaomi Redmi 2 you need to press Volume Down + Power key and release Power key after a few seconds.
- Once your device has entered Fastboot menu, connect it with your PC using USB cable and go to the folder where you have copied the recovery.img file. Press Shift Key + right mouse click and select open command window here.
- You will see a command window on your computer screen. Enter the command shared below which will flash TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once TWRP recovery is flashed, reboot your device in Recovery mode.
- Now go to Install option and flash the SuperSU file which you copied in Step 1.
- Once SuperSU file is flashed, you should have root access on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone.
Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone is finally rooted.