Huawei G8, released back in October 2015, runs Android 5.1. The Android OS really comes to its best on this 5.5 inch smartphone. However, with Marshmallow around, it’s probably time to upgrade Huawei G8 to Marshmallow Android 6.0.
A quick look at Huawei G8 Specifications
Huawei G8 is dual SIM tri-band smartphone. It’s powered by a quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex CPU and Adreno 405 GPU. A quick look at Huawei G8 specifications will tell you that this phone sits right there with the very best phones from Q4 2015.
- Quad Core processor
- Adreno 405 GPU for games and HD video
- 1080p HD video
- 32 GB internal memory
- 3 GB RAM
How to upgrade Huawei G8 to Marshmallow Android 6.0
There is every reason to upgrade Huawei G8 to Marshmallow because of all the new and shiny features. You can look for Huawei G8 YouTube and find videos showing Marshmallow running on this phone in its full bloom. You are going to love it.
To install Android Marshmallow on your phone, you simply need to follow these steps.
Understand the risks
Upgrading your phone manually could break your phone if you fail to follow instructions properly. We’re not responsible for a bricked phone. Please try this method at your own risk.
Install ROM Manager
The next step to upgrade Huawei G8 to Marshmallow is to install ROM manager. You can install this app from Google Play. Simply open Google Play Store application and search for ‘ROM Manager’.
Install Clockwork Mod Recovery
Once you’ve installed a ROM Manager app, you need to install Clockwork Mod Recovery. You will need custom recovery to follow other steps in this method.
Download Marshmallow ROM
You need to download Marshmallow ROM to install it on your phone. Download it from the links below. There are three links so be sure to download all three files before extracting the ROM files.
– Part 1
– Part 2
– Part 3
Prepare your phone for the upgrade
Now you need to prepare your phone. Follow the steps below.
- Charge your phone. Be sure the battery is at least 80% before you proceed with this tutorial.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Access phone’s memory card on your PC and move the zipped ROM file to main directory.
Make a backup
Before you upgrade Huawei G8 to Marshmallow, you need to make a backup of your important files. Follow these steps to make a backup.
- Use ROM Manager app that you installed earlier to restart your phone in recovery mode.
- Now run the ROM manager again and make a backup.
- Save the backup on your memory card.
Upgrade Hauwei G8 to Marsrhmallow
Finally, it’s time to upgrade your phone to the latest Android OS. Follow these steps or simply watch a Huawei G8 YouTube video tutorial and follow along.
- Restart your phone in recovery mode.
- From recovery menu, look for options to erase data on phone. Go ahead and erase all the data.
- Now look for Flash ROM from SD Card option and click it. You will be asked to navigate to your ROM file. Locate the ROM zip file on your SD card.
- Follow instructions on the screen.
- Reboot your phone after you have completed the installation process.
- Enjoy Android Marshmallow on Huawei G8!