Infinix Mobility has delivered some great smartphones geared towards the mid and low budget users from developing countries. Infinix X551 is easily the best phone that the manufacturer has launched so far. Today we are going to learn how to root Infinix Hot Note Pro – the 5.5-inch quad-core smartphone from Infinix Mobility.
X551 (2GB) comes with 2GB RAM, ocata-core Cortex-A7 processor and runs on Android Lollipop 5.1. The phone has 32GB built-in storage and has a micro-SD card expansion slot for those who want to extend storage capacity.
NOTE: Rooting your phone voids warranty. If you decide to proceed, please beware that it’s at your own risk and the author of this tutorial holds no responsibility. You may end up bricking your phone if you do not follow the steps properly.
Getting ready: Pre-requisites for rooting Infinix Hot Note Pro
Before you start following the steps to root X551, here are a few things to go over to make sure rooting process is easy.
- Charge your phone if the battery is below 70%. Ideally, you should have fully charged battery for any rooting operations.
- If you have important data on your phone, make a backup. You might be able to retain all the personal information and data after rooting your Infinix Hot Note Pro but you chances are good that you might end up losing all the data. So making a backup is always a good thing to begin with.
- Make sure you have installed MKT USB drivers on your PC. If you haven’t, download the drivers here.
Files to download
Once you have completed the initial setup i.e. charging your phone, making a backup and installing USB drivers, you need to download files that you will be using during the rooting process. You will need to download two files.
- Download Recovery Image for Infinix Hot Note Pro and extract the file to your computer.
- Download SuperSU and copy it to your phone SD card.
- Download SP Flash tool and extract all files to your local hard disk.
Steps to Root Infinix Hot Note Pro Running Lollipop
Follow these easy steps to root Infinix Hot Note Pro running Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Run SP Flash tool by double clicking Flash_tool.exe from the folder where you extracted SP Flash files.
- A launch screen will appear. Wait until the tool has launched and you see a ‘download/upgrade’ tab. Click it. Now find ‘scatter loading’ button and click it to browse to the location of scatter file. This file should be in the folder where you extracted recovery image files.
- Click ‘download’ button. Flashing process will begin. The process might take a few minutes so sit back and relax. You are about to root Infinix Hot Note Pro.
- When the process completes, the button will turn green. Unplug your phone.
- Boot to recovery and choose ‘install ZIP from SD Card’. Select the SuperSU file that you copied to your SD card earlier.
- You should now be able to install SuperSU. After the application has installed, go back to main screen and reboot the device.
- Test root permission on your Infinix Hot Note Pro using your favorite app. Enjoy your rooted phone.
I hope this method works for everyone. It works for me. If you face any problems [other than a bricked phone], let’s start a discussion.