Zero 3 is the latest phone from Infinix Mobility targeted at the developing countries. Once you buy this phone, you’d love to know how to root Infinix Zero 3 X552 to take full control of it’s hardware and software. This tutorial will help you obtain root permission on your device without getting you into any trouble.
You don’t have to be a geek to follow this tutorial. So don’t let your lack of technical knowledge stop you from unleashing the full power of this latest Android device powered by a 2.2 GHz Octa-core processor and 3 GB RAM.
Benefits – Why root Infinix Zero 3 X552
If you own another Android phone that you’ve already rooted, you already know what root permission brings to your phone. You become the ‘super’ user so you can easily change anything, including the important and critical system files. You can even install a custom ROM after you root Infinix Zero 3.
- You will obtain ‘super’ user permissions to your phone. This means you can make changes as you desire without worrying about limitations set by the phone manufacturer.
- You will be able to install every app on your phone, including those that require root permission to work.
- You can easily improve battery performance by deleting system apps that you don’t need. For example, Infinix phones come with various apps bundled with the operating system. You may want to delete these additional apps to speed up your system. Unless you root Infinix Zero 3, you can’t delete these apps.
- You can improve system performance by taking full control over background tasks and phone processor. You can even overclock it to make it real fast.
How to root Infinix Zero 3
Before you proceed, it is important that you note that this tutorial is only for Infinix Zero 3 X552. If you are instead interested in Infinix Hot or X551, please follow the link to tutorials below.
For Infinix Hot users:
Zero 3 owners, please follow the steps below to root Infinix Zero 3 X552.
The first step to root Infinix Zero 3 is to download the following files.
Additionally, you will need to charge your phone and find a USB cable so that you can connect your phone with your PC later.
Install Custom Recovery on Infinix Zero 3
Now it’s time to install custom recovery on your phone. You can install any custom recovery but we prefer using TWRP recovery on most android phones. You have already downloaded the recovery file from the link above. Now move that file to your desktop. Extract the file. You will have a file with ‘scatter’ in name. It will have a .txt extension.
- Once you have extracted this file from recovery file (zip), turn off your phone.
- Install Flash Tools on your PC. You have already downloaded the installation file for SP Flash above.
- Installation should be easy. Just double click the installation file and then follow on-screen instructions.
- Once you have the flash tools on your PC, run it. You should see a program with a large “DOWNLOAD” button in the middle. This is the button that will help you install custom recovery and root Infinix Zero 3.
- Click this button and locate the scatter (.txt) file that you have already extracted on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone with your PC and let the flashing process complete.
- Once the flashing process completes, your phone should have TWRP installed. You can now root Infinix Zero 3.
Root Infinix Zero 3
To root your device, you need to use Super SU that you downloaded in the first step. Follow the steps below to root your Infinix.
- Move the Super SU file to your mobile. Be sure to move it to internal storage and not to SD card.
- Now turn off your phone and restart it in recovery. You can use a specific combination of hardware buttons to restart your phone in recovery mode.
- Now look for ‘install from zip’ in the recovery menu.
- Select Super SU file that you’ve already moved to your phone.
- Once you have flashed Super SU using TWRP, your phone should be rooted.
- Verify root status of your phone using any root verification app.