Want to root Lenovo Vibe P1M but you’re tired of those nasty methods that need you to be a geek before you root your phone successfully without breaking it? You have come to the right place. This tutorial will teach you exactly how to root Lenovo Vibe P1M without breaking it. You don’t have to be an Android-guy to follow this tutorial.
Before we start with rooting, let’s have a look at some of the features of Lenovo Vibe P1M.
Top features of Lenovo Vibe P1M
Before I go on to explain the rooting method for Lenovo Vibe P1M, let’s have a quick look at some of the best features of this smartphone.
- 5-inch IPS screen
- Quad core 1.0 GHZ processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Runs Android 5.1
How to root Lenovo Vibe P1M – The Easiest Method on the Internet
WARNING: Before you proceed, you should know that rooting a phone has potential problems. It might violate warranty terms and you may end up with a dead phone if you fail to follow the method accurately. We don’t take any responsibility for anything that might happen to your phone as a result of this method.
If you’re comfortable with rooting despite the warning above, then it’s time to get rolling.
ROOT Lenovo A7000
In order to root Lenovo P1M, you need to meet this checklist first.
- Double-check your phone model. This method only works for Lenovo Vibe P1M. If you want to know how to root Lenovo Vibe X2 or another phone, please search above to find a relevant tutorial.
- Make sure you have made a backup of all the important files on your phone. Don’t proceed unless you have backed up your files successfully.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Install USB drivers for your phone on your PC. Finding the USB drivers shouldn’t be a problem. Just look for them at the Lenovo official website.
- You should enable USB Debugging on your phone in order to root it using this tutorial. To turn on USB debugging, simply go to Developer Options under Settings and you’ll find controls for turning on the USB debugging setting.
- Your phone should allow installation from unknown sources. You can enable this option for the purpose of this tutorial from Security under Settings.
Looks like you meet all the above requirements. If not, let’s go back and make sure that you’ve missed nothing from the above list.
Well, if you’re all done, let’s get on the train now. TIME TO ROOT LENOVO VIBE P1M.
Let’s Install TWRP
Follow the steps below. If you’re unsure about something, ask in comments below before you proceed with it.
- Download [from this link] and install ADB fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download TWRP recovery for your phone from this link.
- Extract the files from TWRP file and locate recovery.img file. Move this file to your PC where you installed ADB. Usually folders for installed programs can be found in C>Program Files.
- Now open Command Prompt (CMD) by right-clicking in empty space inside the ADB installation folder.
- Now simply type the following commands in order.
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- fastboot reboot
This is it. The first command will restart your phone in fastboot mode. The second command will flash recovery image on your device. The third command will reboot your phone. Now should have the TWRP installed on Lenovo Vibe P1M.
Time to root Lenovo Vibe P1M
Once you’ve TWRP installed, you can follow the steps below to root your Lenovo Vibe P1M.
- Download SuperSU from this link.
- After downloading, move the SuperSU file to your SD card.
- Now go to command prompt again and type the following command.
- adb reboot recovery
- Now your phone should restart in recovery mode. Once it does, locate the option to install from SD card on your phone. Provide the path to SuperSU file on your SD card and let the installation process finish.
- Reboot your device. This is the final step that you need to complete in order to root Lenovo Vibe P1M.
- Verify root status using an app of your choice. You now have gained root access to your phone.
Once you’ve successfully rooted your phone, you might want to look for a custom ROM for Lenovo Vibe P1M.