Do you want to root and install TWRP on HTC Desire Eye so that you can install HTC Desire Eye ROMS? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Here you will learn how to gain root access on your phone and install a custom recovery of your choice. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will be using TWRP but you can use any custom recovery as long as it works on HTC Desire Eye.
How to root and install TWRP on HTC Desire Eye
To root and install TWRP on HTC Desire Eye, first you need to unlock bootloader HTC Desire Eye. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can easily flash SuperSU to gain root access.
Once your phone is rooted, you can install a ROM of your choice on your device or let it run the default ROM.
How to root HTC Desire Eye? Just follow the steps below.
WARNING: Be sure you understand the risks associated with rooting a device. Proceed at your own risk as we won’t be responsible for anything that might happen to your phone during the rooting procedure.
- Make sure your phone model matches the tutorial
The first step is to ensure that you are trying this method only on HTC Desire Eye and not on another HTC Desire model. If you have another HTC phone that you want to root, check the following tutorial.
- Make backup and prepare your phone for rooting
The second step involves making a backup of your device so that you can come back to this state if anything goes wrong.
- Download important files
Before you proceed, you need to download important files. These files include TWRP recovery, SuperSU, HTC toolkit and HTC USB drivers. You can download these files below.
- Unlock bootloader to root and install TWRP on HTC Desire Eye
Since you’re now ready to proceed, the first thing you need to do is to unlock the bootloader of your phone. To do this, you will need to follow two easy steps.
- Register at HTC Developers official website.
- Now run the HTC toolkit and follow instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Root HTC Desire Eye
Now it’s time to root your device. You will need to move the SuperSU file to your device to proceed. Once done, follow the steps below.
- Enter the fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down and Power Key together.
- Extract recovery files on your PC and connect your phone meanwhile.
- Locate flash-recovery.bat and hit enter.
- Once it starts a command prompt, enter ‘f’ without quotes and hit enter.
- Once recovery is flashed, type ‘r’ and press enter to start your phone in normal mode.
- Disconnect the phone and reboot it into recovery mode. Select “install from ZIP” from recovery and provide path to SuperSU file that you’ve already moved to phone memory. This is an important step to root and install TWRP on HTC Desire Eye.
- As soon as SuperSU is installed, you can reboot your phone and verify root status. It should be rooted now.
Congratulations. Now you know how to root and install TWRP on HTC Desire Eye. If you try this method, post results in comments below. If you face any problems, write to us about it.