HTC 10 is a flagship device from HTC. It comes with 4GB RAM and Quad Core Snapdragon processor. The best thing about this new Android device is that you can easily root HTC 10 using HTC dev. You don’t have to be a geek to root this phone. We will help you through each step.
Before you proceed…
You will need to take care of a few things before you proceed with how to root HTC 10. Here are those important things.
- You should always charge your battery to make sure you go through the rooting process safely.
- You should understand the risks attached with the process. Once you root HTC 10, you loose warranty. You can’t claim it anymore. Similarly, you might end up with a bricked phone if you make a mistake with the rooting phone. A brick phone is as good as a brick. Usually, there is no way to bring such a phone back to life.
- You should always make a backup of your important files. When you root HTC 10, you might lose phone data.
- Finally, you should know that rooting isn’t difficult but it requires care. If there is a command to enter somewhere and you misspell, it won’t work at all. So you have to follow everything precisely.
How to root HTC 10 – Step-by-step method
Once you understand the risks, it’s time to proceed. Here are all the steps that you need to take in order to root HTC 10.
1- Things to download and install
- First you need to download HTCdev. Download it from this link.
- Once downloaded, it’s time to install ADB drivers on your PC. You can get them from this page.
- Now you need to install latest version of Android SDK on your PC. You should grab the latest version from official website.
- Once you have the ADB drivers and the SDK, it’s time to download SuperSU. Download it from here. You don’t have to install it yet. Just keep the file with you for now.
- Finally you need to have the TWRP file to be used in the rooting process later. Download it from here. Rename the file to twrp.img and move it to ‘platform tools’ folder. This folder is located on your hard drive where you installed SDK earlier.
2- Install TWRP
Now it’s time to install TWRP. You need to install this custom recovery in order to root HTC 10.
- Enable developer settings on your phone. Here is how to do it.
- Now enable USB debugging.
- Now run CMD window by right clicking on a blank space inside the platform-tools folder in SDK directory.
- Now go to the CMD window and enter the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’ without quotes and hit enter.
- Your phone should restart in fastboot mode. Enter the command ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.imp’ and hit enter again.
- This command will install TWRP on your phone.
3- Root HTC 10 Now
To root HTC 10, follow these steps.
- Once you have TWRP installed, go back to CMD and enter the command ‘fastboot reboot’ without quotes. Your phone will restart. Make sure you are holding volume down button and power key at the same time when it restarts. This is the manual method to enter fastboot on HTC 10.
- Go to TWRP and find ‘install from ZIP’. Once you click it, you will be asked to locate the file to install. Point TWRP to the SuperSU file that you downloaded earlier.
- Once SuperSU is installed on your phone, you will have root access.