CandySiX Custom ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 and it’s what most HTC One M9 users are asking for. They don’t have to wait any longer. Here is a tutorial to install Custom ROM on HTC One M9. This tutorial uses CandySix ROM but you can install any ROM using this method.
CandySix HTC One M9 is a great ROM. It’s known for it’s stability and speed. Memory management is excellent. While using this ROM, you never see any ‘delay’ or lag. Whether you’re running multiple apps in the background or you’ve just planned to answer a text message while playing an HD game, your device never fails to perform.
It’s stable and it’s packed of features. Since the ROM is based on Marshmallow, you can expect the latest Android features packed in there as well.
Why CandySix ROM is the best ROM for HTC One M9
There are tons of features that can take long to explain. In a nutshell, here are 7 best and the most impressive things about this ROM.
- It introduces a battery bar.
- You can adjust density of your screen.
- Features like Omni switch and multi-window make it perfect for multi-tasking.
- You can customize status bar including the icons and notifications that appear there.
- A lot of customization options are available for lockscreen.
- You can customize quick settings.
- You can switch to DarkUI and customize Navbar.
How to install Custom ROM on HTC One M9
I’m sure you’ve made up your mind to install custom ROM on HTC One M9 by now. If that’s the case, here is how to do so.
Things you need to do before you install custom ROM on HTC One M9
- Make a backup of your important data.
- You should install USB drivers for HTC. Visit this page for drivers.
- You should unlock the bootloader on your phone and enable USB debugging.
- Finally, your phone should have a custom recovery such as TWRP. If you’ve no clue what this is all about, click the link below.
Let’s install custom ROM on HTC One M9
Once you have crossed the checklist above, you can install custom ROM on HTC One M9. Follow the steps below.
- Download the custom ROM that you want to install. In this tutorial, we will install CandySix ROM. You can download it here. Alternatively, you can search for ViperOne M9 ROM on XDA.
- Download GApps from this link.
- Once downloaded, move the ROM and GApps files to your device by connecting it to your PC using a USB cable.
- Locate the boot.img file in ROM zip and move it to platform-tools folder found in the directory where you installed Android SDK.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and shut it down. Now hold the volume-up and power keys together to boot into fastboot mode. Once booted, connect it to your PC again.
- Now open the command prompt on your computer from platform-tools folder [right click in empty space for contextual menu] and type the following commands. Press enter after entering each command.
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot reboot
- Just keep following the instructions as they appear on your phone screen screen. Once all done, select ‘bootloader’ and then ‘recovery’.
- Once in ‘recovery’, you need to wipe everything including cache partition and dalvik cache.
- To install custom ROM on HTC One M9, you need to install from ZIP (option found in ‘recovery’). When asked for path, locate the ROM file that you moved to your phone earlier.
- Wait while you install custom ROM on HTC One M9. Once now ROM is installed, your will phone will reboot automatically.