Do you own a Xiaomi Mi 5 that you wish would have less lag and run smoother even when playing games? There is a way. You can root Xiaomi Mi 5 and improve system performance using root apps. Here is how to root Xiaomi Mi 5.
A quick look at Xiaomi Mi 5
Before you root your phone, you’d want to take a look at Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications. This will give you an idea of what you got and how much you can improve it after gaining root access to your device. Here are Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications.
- IPS LCD with capacitive touchscreen
- Corning Gorilla glass with multitouch
- Dual Core processor
- 16 MP camera with autofocus
- Fast battery charging with Quick Charge 3.0
Xiaomi is a high value phone considering the price you pay for it. There are numerous Xiaomi Mi 5 reviews out there that have tagged it as the best budget phone of 2016.
There is a new UNIVERSAL tutorial for Xiaomi out there – Root any Xiaomi Phone NOW
Requirements for rooting Xiaomi Mi 5
In order to root Xiaomi Mi 5, you need to follow these requirements.
- Find a PC where you can connect your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Download Super SU from this link.
- Enable USB debugging for your phone. You will need to do this in order to root Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before you proceed.
- Be sure your phone is Xiaomi Mi 5 and not Xiaomi Mi 4 or another model. This tutorial works only with Mi 5.
- When you root your phone using this method, your warranty will be lost. So be sure you measure pros and cons of rooting a phone before you go ahead with this method.
Method: How to root Xiaomi Mi 5
In order to root Xiaomi Mi 5, you will have to follow this simple method. This method has numerous steps. Be sure to follow all the steps. Skipping a step may leave you with a bricked phone in the end.
Step 1: Install SuperSU
The first step to root Xiaomi Mi 5 is to install SuperSU package. Here is how to achieve this.
- Download Super SU from the link provided above.
- Once downloaded, move the file to your smartphone using a USB cable. You can easily connect your Xiaomi phone to your PC once you have installed USB drivers.
- After moving the file to your phone, power off your phone and reboot it into Recovery.
- When you’re in recovery mode, find ‘Install ZIP from SD Card” and select it.
- Give the path to the Super SU recovery that you moved to your phone and install it.
Step 2: Root Xiaomi Mi 5
- Now it’s time to root your phone. Simply reboot the phone and go to recovery again.
- Clear app data cache from recovery and reset phone to factory data.
- Finally, wipe cache partition from recovery menu.
- Restart your phone and check root status. You have root access to your Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone.