Infinix Mobility has become one of the fastest growing mobile phone company for low-priced phones in Asia and Africa. Today you will learn to root Infinix Zero 2 – one of the flagship Android devices by the company.
If your Infinix Zero 2 is still running the old KitKat version of Android, rooting it is as easy as installing Kingroot and following the on-screen prompts. However, if you have updated your phone to Lollipop, you will need to take a different route as Kingroot won’t work. You won’t be able to root using a phone app but instead you will need to use a PC.
I know you’re cursing yourself for updating your device to Lollipop now because you think it’s difficult to root upgraded phone. To be honest, it’s as easy as using Kingroot. This 3-step method using a PC doesn’t require you to have any technical knowledge. Instead, all you need is common sense. You just need to follow the steps.
Let’s not waste any more time. I want you to have your phone rooted within next 5 minutes. So let’s begin right away.
Method – How to Root Infinix Zero 2
There are two different methods to follow depending on what OS version you’re running on your phone.
For phones running KitKat
If your phone is running KitKat, the method is really simple. Follow these easy steps.
- Download Kingroot from official website.
- Install Kingroot on your phone.
- Run the app.
- Follow on-screen instructions to root Infinix Zero 2.
You can also root Infinix Zero 2 running KitKat manually but there is no point going the extra mile when you can use Kingroot.
NEW METHOD: ROOT INFINIX ZERO 3 AND INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY
For phone running Lollipop
If your phone is running Lollipop version of Android OS, you need to root Infinix Zero 2 manually. Here is the method.
- Start by charging your phone and making a backup of important files.
- Once done, download the necessary files.
- Find a PC where you can install the rooting program (SP Flash Tool) as an administrator.
- To root Infinix Zero 2, you will need to install SP Flash Tool on a PC.
- Launch the tool once installed. Connect your phone with PC using a USB cable.
- Click the scatter-loading button once the tool has detected your phone.
- You will be asked to provide path to the scatter file. You will find the file inside the recovery.IMG folder.
- Now click the Download button. Make sure your phone is connected to your PC via USB cable.
- Let the process complete.
Now that you’ve flashed recovery on your phone, you need to root it using SuperSU. Just a few more steps ahead.
Follow these steps to root Infinix Zero 2 running on Lollipop.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode. You will need to use the specific hardware key combination to enter the recovery mode.
- Go to Install From Zip option and locate the SuperSU file that you moved to SD card earlier in the method.
- Let the process complete.
- Once completed, reboot your device.
You don’t have to do anything else to root Infinix Zero 2. It’s rooted now. Simply verify root status using your favorite app from Play Store.