Method 1: Root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro using Kingroot
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before you proceed with the steps below.
- Make sure you have created a backup of your important data. Although rooting doesn’t corrupt or delete your data, you want to be on the safer side.
- Now download Kingroot apk from this link. Be sure to download the latest version. Older version don’t include rooting for Micromax 6 Pro.
- Once downloaded, move the apk to your phone. You will need to connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable to move the downloaded apk file to your phone.
- Now go to Settings and enable installation from unknown sources.
- Run the apk file on your phone. It should install Kingroot within a minute.
- After installation is complete, run the app.
- Follow on-screen instructions to root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro.
This above-mentioned method doesn’t need a PC technically. You can actually download the Kingroot apk on your phone so that you don’t have to move it from PC to your phone.
Now let’s explore the other, more advanced, method to root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro.
Method 2: How to root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro using SuperSU
If method 1 works for you, there is no point trying this advanced method. However, if something went wrong and you couldn’t root your phone using method 1, here is an alternative method. This method uses a custom recovery to give you root access to your device.
Additional Tutorial: Root Micromax 5 using step-by-step guide
Before you use this method, it is important that you understand the following risks.
- This is an advanced rooting method. If you’re not sure about rooting your phone, don’t try this method.
- This method should only be tried once method 1 fails.
- Make sure you follow steps carefully since you might end up with a bricked phone if you miss a step.
- Like always, be sure your phone is charged before you proceed with this method.
To root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro using this method, follow the steps.
- Download a custom recovery of your choice from the link below. I prefer using TWRP but you can also use PHILZ recovery or CWM Carlive 6 recovery.
- Download SuperSU file from this link.
- Download and install Android SDK.
- Once you have downloaded the custom recovery, flash it to your phone after unlocking the bootloader. To flash the custom recovery, you will need to follow steps given below.
- Enable Developer Options in your phone by tapping 7 times on Build Number from Settings>About Phone.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings>Developer Options.
- Connect your phone to a PC.
- Move SuperSU file to your mobile.
- To root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro, you need to open the command prompt from folder where you installed Android SD.
- Restart your phone in bootloader/fastboot mode by simple pressing the specific combination of hardware keys.
- Now go back to CMD (Command Prompt) on your PC and enter the command ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’ without quotes. Change twrp.img to the file name of the recovery file you’re using.
- Now enter the command ‘fastboot boot twrp.img’ without quotes. Again change the twrp.img to whatever recovery file you are using. Your phone will reboot into the newly flashed recovery.
- On the next screen on your phone, find ‘install from ZIP’ or something similar and install SuperSU that you already moved to your phone.
- This should root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro for you.