If you own Nextbit Robin, you should consider rooting it. Once you root Nextbit Robin, you can easily install apps that require root permissions and take full advantage of the powerful hardware that comes packed in Robin. This tutorial will help you root Nextbit Robin using an easy method.
I’ve no technical knowledge – Can I root Nextbit Robin?
I know what you’re thinking. You probably know nothing about rooting a phone and you fear you won’t be able to take full advantage of your Robin since you won’t be able to root it.
Worry not. This is the easiest tutorial you will find out there. Everyone can follow it.
Nextbit Robin is an android phone that came out as a result of former employees from HTC, Apple and Google decided to start their own company by Nextbit Robin Kickstarter. The phone tries to bring the best of three top manufacturers of smartphones.
Rooting Robin is easy. Here is a quick summary of the procedure.
You will unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP recovery. You will then create a backup and flash certain .zip files. Once you flash the TWRP, you can flash SuperSU on your phone. After flashing SuperSU, you’re done. Your will root access to your phone.
But wait – There is no rush.
You shouldn’t follow these blurry outlines. Instead, scroll down for step-by-step tutorial on how to root Nextbit Robin.
Why you’d go an extra mile to get a Nextbit Robin?
Before you root Nextbit Robin, let’s have a look at some of the best features of this phone. Here are Nextbit Robin specs.
- It’s powered by a Snapdragon CPU.
- It has 3 GB RAM for ultimate performance.
- The phone doesn’t have an SD card slot but it comes with 100 GB cloud storage.
- It runs latest Android Marshmallow.
How to root Nextbit Robin
To root Nextbit Robin, simply follow these steps.
STEP 1: Getting ready
- Backup your contacts, images and other important data before you proceed. You might lose the data after rooting your phone.
- Make sure that your phone is charged so that it doesn’t switch off during the rooting process. If that happens, you will end up with a dead phone.
- After making the backup, enable USB debugging on your phone. You will need to tap About Device from Settings 7 times to activate Developer Options. Once these options are active, you can enable USB debugging mode from there.
- If you can’t enable USB debugging for some reason, check this simple tutorial on how to enable USB debugging on any Android phone.
Step 2: Download important files
- Now download USB drivers for Nextbit Robin from official website.
- Now download SuperSU for Nextbit Robin.
- Now download ADB and Fastboot from this link.
Step 3: Install TWRP and root Nextbit Robin
- Connect your device to your PC and open the folder where you extracted ADB and Fastboot files.
- Locate py__cmd.exe and double-click it to open command prompt.
- Once command prompt is open, enter the following command without quotes: “adb devices”. A list of devices will show up. Make sure your device is listed there.
- Now reboot your phone in bootloader mode by entering this command without quotes: “adb reboot-bootloader”.
- Enter the following commands after your phone has rebooted.
“fastboot oem unlock”
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- This command will install TWRP recovery on your phone. Now boot in recovery mode by simply entering this command without quotes: “fastboot boot recovery.img”.
- Now it’s time to install SuperSU. Simply flash it from recovery by going to ‘install from ZIP’. This is the last step to root Nextbit Robin.
- Once SuperSU is installed, you will have root permission on your phone.