If you are looking to update Samsung Galaxy S6, whether using OTA or manual update, you’ve come to the right place. Here you will learn about both methods so that you can easily upgrade your phone.
Updating Samsung Galaxy S6 is not difficult. In fact, it’s as easy as doing a few clicks here and there especially when you have received the update via OTA feature built in your phone. Even if you haven’t received OTA update, you can still update it manually.
So be relax and follow simple instructions as stated below.
Why update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Marshmallow – Latest Android Update
When it comes to updating your phone, you’d always want to be at the latest version. Android team addresses many bugs that might cause system instability as well as security vulnerabilities in latest update. Once you get this update, your phone will perform smoother and you will be at low risk of security breaches.
Here are some other reasons why you must update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Marshmallow.
- New update comes with USB Type C charging. It charges your phone quickly without damaging phone battery.
- This new update introduces an updated Android Play and Google Services.
- Marshmallow has introduced a better payment system in this update. So now you cna pay for your apps and games in the Play store with your debit card as well.
- Android Device Manager has improved anti-theft security. This means that if your phone is lost, it will be locked without letting anyone see your personal information.
- Once you update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Marshmallow, you will have a new System UI Tuner app. This app gives you access to advanced system tunning features so that you can change it the way you want it.
So once you install this new update, your Samsung Galaxy S6 features will become even better. You will have many additional features in addition to previous ones being updated.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Marshmallow
Method 1: OTA
When Samsung releases the new OTA update for your region, you will see a notification on your phone.
When you see this notification, drag down the notification bar and click the update. Your phone should start updating.
In case, you haven’t received the notification or for some reason the above step doesn’t work for you, here is what to do.
- Turn on the WIFI or mobile data.
- Charge your phone so that it doesn’t shutdown during the update process.
- Go to phone settings.
- From settings, go to About Phone>Software Update. Click “Check for updates”.
- If there is a new update for your phone, you will now get a notification. Click it to update Samsung Galaxy S6 to the latest version of Android.
Method 2: Manual Update Using Odin
You can also update your Samsung Galaxy S6 by using manual method with the help of a tool called Odin. Follow the steps below to use this method to upgrade your Samsung phone.
- Download Odin , Samsung KIES and latest firmware for your phone. Follow this link to download Odin. Go to Samsung website to download KIES (alternate link) and latest firmware.
- Once downloaded, unzip the Odin file and double click the .exe installation file. Odin should take a few minutes to complete installation on your phone. Odin is required to update Samsung Galaxy S6 manually.
- Enable USB debugging option. You will need to tap seven times on the built number (look inside phone settings>about phone) to enable developer options. Once developer options are active, you will see the option to enable USB debugging.
- Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 into download mode and run Odin on your computer
- Connect your phone and computer using a USB date cable.
- Select PDA option from Odin and select firmware file.
- Now click on “start” and wait until update is completed. You’ll see “pass” message when the update is finished and ID:COM will turn to green.
- Unplug USB data cable and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S6.