If you own a Xiaomi device then you must have heard about Mokee ROM for Redmi 1s, Redmi 1s Cyanogenmod and so on. To install these ROMs, you must know how to flash custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s. This guide provides all the necessary steps you need to follow in order to flash custom ROM on this Xiaomi device.
NOTE: This guide uses a sample custom ROM but you can flash just about any custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s using this tutorial. Simply change the ROM file and follow this guide to install a custom ROM of your choice.
How to find the best ROM for Redmi 1s?
When you want to flash custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s, you first need to find the best ROMs for Remi 1s. Once you have found what you need to install, following this guide will be easy.
To find the best ROMs for Redmi 1s, you simply need to follow these steps.
- Go to XDA forum and search for Xiaomi custom ROMs. You will find plenty of ROMs there.
- Read reviews of these ROMs. See what other Xiaomi owners have to say about the latest ROMs.
- Check whether a ROM is being updated regularly or not. You don’t want to install custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s that doesn’t get updated regularly.
- Read about common bugs in different Xiaomi custom ROMs.
Once a few ROMs meet the requirements above, it’s time to compare them for their features. Check some screenshots and choose a ROM that gives you the best UI, excellent performance, and has all the features that you want to use on your Xiaomi phone.
How to flash custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s
To flash custom ROM on Remi 1s, you simply need to follow these steps.
Get ready for flashing
Flashing is risky so you must prepare for it. Here is what you need to do.
– Understand risks associated with flashing your phone with a custom ROM.
– Understand the fact that your warranty will end when you flash a custom ROM.
– Understand that flashing requires following steps in this guide carefully.
Flash custom ROM on your Xiaomi phone
Follow these steps once you are ready for flashing your phone with a custom ROM of your choice.
- Download a custom ROM of your choice for Xiaomi.
- Download Xiaomi USB drivers for Redmi 1s. .
- Install Xiaomi USB drivers and connect your phone with PC.
- Install TWRP on your phone. If you don’t know how to install TWRP or another custom recovery, read this rooting guide. It teaches you how to install TWRP.
- Move downloaded ROM file from your PC to your mobile.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery and select to wipe all data on phone. You will also need to wipe cache and dalvik to proceed with this tutorial. This step will delete all your phone data so be sure to generate a backup if you have something important saved on your phone memory.
- Go back to TWRP home and look for an option to install from ZIP. Select this option and proceed to the next step.
- You want to flash custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s so here you will select the ROM file you moved to your phone previously. Once you do that, flashing will start.
- Wait until flashing process completes.
- Restart your phone to enjoy the new custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 1s.