CyanogenMod is available for some Infinix phones. If you own Zero or Zero 2, you can install this custom ROM right away. I will explain everything that you need to know to install Cyanogenmod on Infinix Zero & Zero 2.
Why replace stock ROM with CyanogenMod?
CyanogenMod is one of the popular ROMs for Android phones. You can install it on a wide variety of devices including Samsung, LG, Sony, and HTC. Since it’s available for Infinix now, there is every reason to try it.
- CyanogenMod has an active developer community. This means bugs will be fixed quickly and new updates will be out every now and then.
- CyanogenMod is a community-based custom ROM. As a result, people are quick to report bugs and developers are happy to deploy new versions without these bugs. You, as a regular user, always get a bug-free stable ROM.
- This custom ROM has plenty of features to make stock ROM envy it. You will have full control over notifications. You can manage system memory efficiently, and you can save battery with built-in system tools.
- You can customize this ROM the way you want with endless customization and UI optimization options.
- It comes with built-in Xperia apps.
Things you need – Prerequisites for installation of custom ROM
Before you install this mod, you will need to meet certain requirements. These are usually the same for flashing any ROM so you should know them even when installing a different mod.
- Whenever you flash your phone with a file, whether a ROM or a custom recovery, you should always make a backup of your data.
- Charge your phone so that it doesn’t shutdown during installation.
- Make sure your phone model is Infinix Zero or Infinix Zero 2.
Time to Install CyanogenMod on Infinix Zero & Zero 2
Now it’s time to start flashing this custom ROM on your Android device. Here is how to do it.
The first step to flash this ROM is to download it. You can visit the official website to download the file. Alternatively, you can get it here.
Move the ROM file to SD card on your mobile.
Install custom recovery
Once you have downloaded the ROM, you need to install custom recovery in order to flash ROM files on your device. But first, you need to enable USB debugging to install CyanogenMod on Infinix.
Go to About phone. From there, scroll to Build Number and tap it seven times. Now developer mode is enabled on your phone. Access it and enable USB debugging from there.
Now download a custom recovery for Infinix. Move it to SD card on your phone. Install it using the following method.
- Download Mobile Uncle tools from Play store.
- Open the tool and look for an option to update recovery.
- You will be asked for recovery file. Provide location of the file that you downloaded earlier.
- That’s it. You have installed the custom recovery.
You may find this tutorial handy: Root Infinix 551
To flash this custom ROM, you need to follow these simple instructions.
- Restart your device in recovery mode. You can boot to recovery mode by holding volume down and power button together.
- Once in recovery mode, wipe all data and delete Dalvik cache.
- Now find ‘install from ZIP’ in recovery and tap this option. It will ask for zip file. Browse to CyanogenMod ZIP file that you downloaded earlier.
- Wait for the installation to complete. When it does, restart your device.
- That’s it. Your device will restart in CyanogenMod.