HTC One M10 is among hottest mobile phones in the market right now. There are lots of people who want to try a new custom ROM HTC One M10 simply because they want to see this monster at its full bloom. This tutorial will teach you how to install a custom ROM on your favorite HTC One M10. For this tutorial, we will be using Lee Droid custom ROM.
Assumptions: Important for you to read before installing custom ROM HTC One M10
This tutorial assumes that you understand the risks attached with flashing your device. You know that installing a custom ROM will void your warranty and it might even damage your phone. You understand that custom ROMs are for advanced users. You are embarking on this journey solely because you know what you are doing.
You know if anything goes wrong, it’s your fault. No one asked you to install a custom ROM. You decided to do so only because you wanted to try something new, something more powerful than what the stock ROM has to offer.
This tutorial assumes that you have the basic rooting and flashing knowledge. You understand how to enter commands in command prompt on a Windows PC. You know how to flash a file via custom recovery. Above all, you know your way around when using your favorite custom recovery tool.
Finally, this tutorial also assumes that you know how to unlock bootloader, unlock developer mode, and enable USB debugging. If you don’t know any of this, I recommend you try our tutorials on each of these. Some useful links I could quickly search around on the website are listed below for your reference.
How to install custom ROM HTC One M10 – Final Steps
Once you have gone through the above tutorials, it’s time to install custom ROM HTC One M10. Follow the instructions below.
- Unlock bootloader on your HTC M10. There is a tutorial above that could help if you have no idea what this is about. If the above tutorial doesn’t help, try searching HTC One M10 gsmarena and XDA developers forum. There is a lot of useful stuff there about HTC that could help.
- Now download the Lee Droid ROM from this link. This is the official download link for this custom ROM HTC One M10 but if the link doens’t work for you, let me know in the comments below.
- Once the download is complete, move the downloaded file to your mobile SD card.
- Now turn off your phone and restart it into recovery mode.
- Make a backup and wipe the device by clearing cache and dalvik.
- Install the ROM using ‘install from ZIP’ feature in your custom recovery.
- That should be it. Now it’s time you enjoy this new custom ROM. Restart your device for one last time.
Lee Droid custom ROM HTC One M10 is one of the best ROMs out there for this device. If you like this ROM, be sure to become part of the community and contribute by making suggestions and reporting bugs. The future versions of this ROM will definitely be better.