For the BlackBerry users who are still loyal to the company, there is some good news. They can finally update BlackBerry Priv to Android 6.0 Marhsmallow. The company has already started delivering the update via OTA. The updates are also available for download on BlackBerry official website.
Since Priv is an elite smartphone, the manufacturer released Marshmallow update when only 5% other smartphones had this latest operating system. This new update adds exciting features to BlackBerry Hub, launcher and camera. It also improves battery performance so now you can trust on your handset to last longer without requiring a charge.
How to update BlackBerry Priv to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
If you have already used an android device, updating your Priv won’t be problem. However, if you are unfamiliar with software updates on android, you might need some help. Here is how to to update this elite phone to the latest version.
- Go to Settings in your phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom. Click the last option ‘About Phone’.
- On the next screen, you will see System Updates on top. Click it.
- Check for updates. Make sure you have stable and fast internet connection. You can use WiFi or mobile data plan but try to update over WiFi to avoid huge data charges from your mobile company.
- Once your phone has searched for update, it will let you update if it is available. Click Download button at the bottom right to download the latest Marshmallow update to your phone.
- Now simply click Update and wait for your phone to go through the update procedure.
- It will take a few minutes and your phone might restart during or after the update process.
What improvements to expect after the update?
As soon as you update BlackBerry Priv to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you want to see what changed in your phone. Here is a list of what’s new in this latest operating system update.
- Improved security: Once you are running Marshmallow on Priv, you can expect better security features, especially privacy control. You can customize personal data permissions, fix notification settings and better protect against hacks and bloatware.
- Improved keyboard: One of the best things about Priv is its keyboard. With this new update, the company has decided to include even more features. As a result, you now have more Emoji, gestures, and improved word prediction engine.
- More control on notifications: Now you have more control on how apps manage notifications on your phone. There is a new mute indicator in the updated launcher. You will be excited to see new apps in Hub as well. There are more ways you can control notifications now.
- Improved battery life: This new operating system update brings you new and exciting features to help you save battery. For example, now you have a feature to ‘doze’ automatically when your device screen is turned off. There is also an app standby feature that will put unused apps to standby to save battery life.
Considering all these new features and improvements, there is every reason to update BlackBerry Priv to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you can’t update for any reason, be sure to leave a comment here. We will try to find a solution to your problem.