If you want to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Bootloader, then you have come to the right place. Here you will learn how to unlock bootloader Redmi 3 with few easy steps.
This easy guide on unlocking MIUI bootloader explains how to use MiFlash tool to achieve your objective. Since this flashing tool for Xiaomi is only available for Windows, you will need a PC with latest Windows OS to follow this guide.
What’s so good about Redmi Note 3 and why would you unlock it?
Xiaomi has been making good quality phones loaded with features for a few years now. However, the best product from the company came out this year when it announced Redmi Note 3.
This new mobile phone from Xiaomi runs on Android and boasts octa-core processing with dedicated PowerVR GPU for playing games. The phone has IPS capacitive LCD and 4000 mAh battery to give you hours of uninterrupted talk and standby time.
With all these features, Note 3 is a perfect Android phone at this price. However, you can turn this high-end device into a more powerful smartphone by simply rooting it.
Unfortunately, you need to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 bootloader in in order to root this phone and unleash the true power laying under its hardware.
Why Xiaomi doesn’t want you to unlock the bootloader?
Although Xiaomi doesn’t want you to unlock your phone, there are potential advantages of doing so.
When you install a custom ROM or simply root your device, you unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 bootloader. This violates the warranty.
Smartphones come with a locked bootloader so that user data can be protected. Once bootloader on any phone is unlocked, you won’t be able to get it back if stolen.
However, if you can take the risk, you have unlimited options waiting for you at the other end. Unlocked phones can be rooted, you can install custom ROMs, and delete core applications that come pre-installed.
Unlocking your phones doesn’t affect OTA updates unless you root it. Similarly, you can update your device with MiFlash tool once the bootloader is unlocked.
Unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Bootloader
Now it’s time to unlock the bootloader. It’s an easy process so don’t panic. Just follow along.
Step 1: Get unlocking permissions from Xiaomi
First, you need to ask Xiaomi for permission to unlock your phone.
- Go to official unlock page by clicking this link.
- When you open this link, you will see a page with a big blue Unlock button in the middle of it. Click this button to go to the login page.
- Unfortunately, the login page is in the Chinese language. The only way to see it in English is to use Google Chrome to visit this page. This browser automatically translates it into English for you.
- If you don’t want to use Chrome, just enter your Xiaomi account details and in the fields and click the ‘orange’ button. If you use your Facebook account as Xiaomi account, click the ‘blue’ button after entering your Facebook account details above.
- Once logged in, you will see a signing permission form. Fill the form and click Apply Immediately.
- On the next page, you need to enter the verification code that you will receive on your phone in a minute.
- Now, wait a few days to receive another SMS from Xiaomi. This time, it will contain your unlocking code.
You can’t unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 bootloader without this code. So your only option is to wait for the code to arrive.
Step 2: Put your device into the bootloader mode
Once you have received the permission from Xiaomi, you can follow this step.
Sign into Xiaomi account on your device.
Shutdown your device then hold ‘power’ and ‘volume low’ button together.
The phone will go to the bootloader mode.
Step 3: Use MiFlash tool on a PC to unlock the bootloader
This step requires you to follow some simple instructions. Make sure you have a PC with the latest Windows OS and a USB cable to connect your phone.
- Download MiFlash tools from this link.
- Install the flashing software once the download completes.
- Now install USB drivers for your phone on a PC. You can download drivers file from this link.
- Now run MiFlash and connect your device (in bootloader mode from the previous step) to a PC using USB cable.
- As soon as the flash tool recognizes your phone, the unlock button will become active. Click it to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 bootloader.
That’s it. You have completed this tutorial successfully.