If you own the new Sony Compact Android smartphone and you want to install CyanogenMod 13 on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, here is your chance. This guide explains every detail that you need to know in order to run this custom ROM in its full glory on this massively popular compact phone from Sony.
Why everyone loves Cyanogenmod for Android?
Cyanogenmod is an enhanced open-source firmware for Andriod phones. It includes many new features which were not present in the official firmware developed by Google.
After installing CyanogenMod on your Android device, you can remove system apps and install your favorite apps. You have a great chance to personalize your Android device.
There is a lot more that comes with this custom ROM. You have total control over the processor, which means you can up the revs to take more out of it.
This custom ROM is also great when it comes to battery optimization. You can easily change settings how your phones consume power and therefore improve battery time when a charge seems impossible in the next few hours.
So where did CyanogenMode come from?
CyanogenMode is one of the best custom ROMs. This ROM allows its users to fully customize their devices.
CyanogenMod started out as a simple alternative to stock Android on the HTC Dream and HTC Magic with the initial release of CyanogenMod 3.1 in 2009. But now this ROM is available for almost all Android devices. CyanogenMod was started to be recognized with CyanogenMod 7, based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. As Android is an open source nature and having an ability obtain root access also.
This custom ROM became instantly popular among users since everyone knew how to root their phones. Even today, when smartphone manufacturers have strengthened the security, users are able to gain root access and therefore install custom ROMs.
Anyone can change, remove, and modify the official apps when running this ROM on their devices.
Don’t be impatient. I know you REALLY want to install this custom ROM now so here is how to do it. Today you will learn how to install CyanogenMode on your device.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 On Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Now you are ready to do this job but before starting, here are two things you need to do before you proceed with the installation procedure below.
- Charge the battery to 100% to avoid interruption.
- Backup your important data on SD card or another source.
Step by step guide to install CyanogenMod
- Check your device that you possess the Compact version of the Sony Xperia Z3 handset.
- Root your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact by using Kingroot before installing a custom ROM on the device. If you are not sure how to do this, follow a guide I wrote earlier on how to root Sony Xperia Z3.
- Install a CM Recovery on the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact before uploading your new ROM.
- Now download the CM13 custom ROM for your Xperia device. The download link is here.
- Connect your Xperia Z3 Compact to the PC through USB cable.
- Now copy the downloaded CM13 ROM to the SD card.
- Remove the Phone from the PC and go to the recovery mode to find custom recovery option.
- Select the Wipe button and wipe the data, cache, and then factory reset your device.
- It is the time to select install from SD card and select the CM13 ROM file.
- Wait till the process is finished and the device would ask for the reboot.
- Now reboot your device from the main recovery menu and your phone will boot up with Cyanogenmod instead of the stock Android.
That’s it! Go tell your friends how to install CyanogenMod 13 on Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. We hope you will enjoy the new hot features of the Cyanogenmod on your favorite device.