Today, we will teach you How To Install TWRP Recovery On Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro. You have purchased this beautiful, stylish, and compact design mobile phone. This handset comes with 13 megapixels and resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density), which made it superior to other competitors.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is specially made for Android-based devices. When you want to install third-party firmware and backup your current official firmware, TWRP comes to rescue.
Few things to do before installing TWRP
- The most important thing to do is to Enable the USB debugging mode.
- Go to Setting > About Device > Build Number and tap it seven times to activate the Developers Mode.
- After enabling the Debugging mode, you are ready to install TWRP on your Micromax E484 CANVAS 6 PRO.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro
- Download the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) file for your Micromax e484 Canvas 6 Pro.
- Download the Universal ADB Driver on your PC and install it. If the link doesn’t work for you, try this alternate link.
- Now move the contents of TWRP to the ADB folder on your PC for convenience.
- Connect the Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro to the computer using the USB data cable and open the folder in which you moved the TWRP file.
- Right-click in an empty space in the ADB folder while holding down the Shift key.
- Now click the option from the right context menu that says ‘open a new command window here’.
- Once the command window is open, type the command ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’. This will install the custom recovery on your phone.
- Finally, type the command ‘fastboot reboot’ and your Micromax e484 Canvas 6 Pro will reboot into the normal mode.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is successfully installed on your device. Now, if you want to root your device or install updates, you are at liberty to do so. Use this guide to root your device.
Why root Micromax Canvas 6 Pro
When you root a device, you become the ‘super’ admin or ‘root’ user, as commonly understood in the Android/Linux community. Rooting a Linux-based device (such as Android devices) gives you the permission to change system files.
Before you root your Micromax Canvas 6 Pro device, be sure to read these advantages and disadvantages of rooting a device.
What’s good about rooting?
Rooting isn’t for everyone. But if you think you should root your device, here is how you can benefit from this effort.
- You will be able to start and stop system services at will. Even if you are not a programmer, you can find numerous apps that will help you take control of the Android system services.
- You can easily uninstall system apps using root permissions.
- When you root a device, you can improve its hardware and battery performance by implementing certain tweaks that require root permissions.
- Rooting opens up new ways to customize your phone. You can install a custom ROM and change the way your phone looks.
What’s bad about rooting?
Once you install TWRP Recovery On Micromax E484 Canvas 6 Pro, you might want to root it. Consider the following before you make a final decision.
- Rooting will end your phone warranty.
- You can’t update a rooted device using OTA update delivered by your manufacturer. You will have to update your device manually.
- Rooted devices have security vulnerabilities that can help hackers steal your important data.