Moreover, you will also see how rooting this device can make your life better with a number of apps that become relevant all of a sudden.
Why use this guide?
Since there are numerous rooting guides available on the internet, particularly on XDA forum, you might be thinking why to use this guide after all. There are reasons that make this guide most superior of them all.
Read these reasons below and you won’t look for another rooting tutorial for this handset.
- Unlike many other rooting tuts on the internet, this one assumes you know nothing. That means you will be able to follow along even if you have never rooted a phone.
- Although rooting is a risky procedure, this tutorial has carefully provided step by step instructions. This will help you follow along without skipping anything so the risk of getting something wrong would be low.
- This tutorial, unlike many other tuts on the internet, is tested on different variants of the device. It works like a charm.
Why root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3?
When you root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, you can easily gain access to some of the best apps for Android. I will give you a list of these amazing apps after you root your handset. For now, read these reasons to root any device, not just Xiaomi.
- When you have a rooted phone, you can easily install any app on it. There are no limitations. Even the apps that require root access can be installed.
- Rooting a handset gives you root access to Android OS. This means that you can remove the bloatware. So if there are any factory installed apps on your device that you don’t like, rooting is the way to get rid of these apps.
- You can speed up your handset by rooting it. You will notice a huge improvement in overall performance of your device.
- You can easily improve the battery performance of this phone after you have rooted it. There are numerous apps and even if you don’t want to install an app for battery enhancement, you can simply run certain tweaks on your own.
How to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Now it’s time to start rooting this phone. Follow the steps below. Make sure you don’t skip any of them to avoid bricking this phone.
Caution: Rooting is not recommended by the phone manufacturer. If you root your device, your warranty will be lost. So make sure you have thought about this procedure before you decide to follow it. You are the only one responsible for any damage caused by gaining root access to your handset.
Download these files
Before you proceed, you need to download certain files. These will be used in this procedure.
Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Now you need to unlock the bootloader of the device to continue with this tutorial. Instead of giving you instructions here, I will direct you to an unlocking tutorial I wrote earlier. Follow the instructions there and come back here once you have unlocked the phone.
Flash TWRP recovery on your phone
Now let’s flash the custom recovery (TWRP in this case) on the phone to start the root procedure. Follow the steps below.
- Enable USB debugging on this phone. Go to Settings > About Phone > Developer Options. See the image below for detailed instructions.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable. Make sure you have installed the USB drivers that you downloaded in the first step in this guide.
- Now extract TWRP file that you have downloaded earlier and find boot.bat file from it. Double-click this file and follow on-screen instructions.
- Locate twrp3.bat file and double-click it. It will automatically install TWRP app on this handset.
- Reboot the handset.
Install SuperSU on your phone
- Extract SuperSU file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Move extracted files to the handset.
- Restart the handset into recovery mode.
- From recovery, click “Install”.
- Browse to SuperSU file and begin the installation process.
- Once installed, your phone will be rooted.