Now it’s possible to update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow Manually!
This tutorial will help you to update your device step by step.
Marshmallow, asoft and spongy, made from gum arabic or gelatin, sugar, corn syrup, and flavoring. Marshmallow is very popular android firmware because of many new and distinct features. Google voice assist, app drawer, the notification with quick settings, system UI tuner, animations and the most attractive Easter Egg game are among its amazing, sweet, and tasty features.
Which Asus phone could get Marshmallow 6.0?
Asus has posted updates for their devices but still there is a list of phones whose updates are in the pipeline. Here is a list of phones which you can update to Marshmallow, for your assistance.
- ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE500KL, ZE550KL, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL)
- ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
- ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)
- ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML)
- PadFone S (PF500KL)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML)
How to Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow manually?
Are you ready to update your device? Here is a step by step tutorial for your assistance.
- You must have 2GB of free space on your phone.
- The battery should be charged to 100%.
- Backup your important data. After the update, your phone will reset and you may lose your important data.
- PC should have at least Windows XP.
- Now download Asus ZenFone Max Marshmallow OTA update file Here.
- You can manually check the update, go to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
- Please enable ‘USB debugging’ mode from setting>developer option. This mode is also called ‘Developer Mode’. It allows newly programmed apps to be copied via USB to the device for testing.
- To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times. The Guiding image is attached below.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot driver for windows on your PC.
- As you downloaded the Android Marshmallow Beta for Asus Zenfone Max from above, then Copy ROM to a folder.
- Press Power+Volume UP to move into the fastboot mode menu.
- Now press shift+right click on marshmallow update file and click on open command here.
- You can check your connection by simply typing the command given below. Click on ‘adb devices’ if your device is listed then you’re ready to flash the ROM
- Go in Marshmallow beta ROM folder and open the S3V3N_cmd file.
- Here Command prompt will pop up, type the command given below to Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow manually.
‘flashall_AFT WW_ZC550KL_V 18.104.22.168 _M3.1.39_Phone-user.raw’
16.It will take some time to complete the process and to restart your Asus ZenFone Max. This process resets the phone automatically.
Finished! You haveUpdated your ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow successfully and now you are ready to use.
Asus is trying to update all their android devices to Marshmallow. Hope so, You will find your update soon. Keep on reading our tutorials and guides to be the first in updating your other Asus android phones.