Oppo N1 is the new smartphone developed by Oppo Electronics. This is powered by Android 4.2.2 / CyanogenMod and is packed with some high-level features. It is a new company but is rapidly growing its market because of its specs. Today you will learn how to Root and Install TWRP on Oppo N1.
Some xda developers have released the root exploit for Oppo N1 recently. It has a simple process and run commands can get you to the root access on Oppo N1.
In this guide, we will provide you detailed instructions for rooting and install TWRP on Opp N1.
- You will lose the warranty of your phone by this procedure. No other company members will be responsible for any damage to your device, therefore, rooting is not very encouraged. If you go for this, do it at your own risk.
- Follow the instructions and guide carefully to avoid any inconvenience. For this, you must read and understand the guide fully before going into the process.
- This guide is specifically for Oppo N1. Do not try to apply this on any other device.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Make a backup for all your phone’s storage data. You can use Dropbox, Google Drive, USB or any other means to keep your data saved. This process leads to loss of your data because resetting the device is required. Therefore, it’s better to keep a backup so that even if you lose your data you can restore them.
- Enable “USB debugging” on your phone by going to settings > developer options > USB debugging.
- Keep your phone’s battery up to 60% at least.
- Enable “Unknown sources” on your phone by going to settings > Security.
- Install Android SDK package.
- Fastboot binary (Go to tools and place in “android-sdk-directory”)
Follow these instructions carefully. Otherwise, your device may get bricked.
Root and Install TWRP on Oppo N1
- First of all, download the latest TWRP image file for your device on the PC and then Root and Install TWRP on Oppo N1.
(rename the image file to “openrecovery-twrp-x.x.x.x-N1.img”, where x.x.x.x is the label for the latest version).
- Now develop a connection between your phone and computer via USB cable.
- After that, go to the directory where recovery image file is located. Press SHIFT and right-click on an empty space to open the command prompt.
- Then the next step is to reboot your device to fastboot. Type the following command to do so.
adb reboot bootloader
- After that, you have to flash the recovery. Type the following command in the prompt.
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-x.x.x.x-N1.img(the name which you had saved earlier)
- Now reboot your device and you are done with the installation. By typing the following command, you can boot your device easily in the recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
[Do you want to get another guide about TWRP: How To Install TWRP Recovery]
Root Oppo N1 – Guide
- To root Oppo N1, first of all, download “Oppown-build3.apk” file on your computer which is the root exploit.
- Now connect your phone to the computer by a USB.
- Then click on the downloaded Oppown-build3.apk file and install the app on your phone. Wait until the installation is completed. Then run the app.
- After that, go to Google Play store and install an Android Terminal Emulator “SuperSU” by Chainfire.
- When SuperSU is installed, run it and connect your phone and PC. Open a command prompt window and type the following command in it.
adb uninstall com.qualcomm.privinit
- After performing the above steps, reboot your device and that’s it. Your Oppo N1 is now rooted.
Hope this guide was helpful. Share away with your friends and keep on visiting this website for more guides.