Are you using Huawei P9 Lite and want to customize your phone to enhance its functionality? Today you will learn how to Install TWRP and Root Guide to Huawei P9 Lite. Then you must go for unlocking the bootloader, installing the most popular recovery image i.e. TWRP and to root your cell phone.
In this guide we will provide you easy methods for three most important operations for customizing the smartphones i.e. unlocking the bootloader, installing TWRP and root firmware.
Huawei P9 Lite is a phone with impressive specifications due to which it is one of the best-selling cell phones these days. Huawei has come into competition with the other popular Android phone like Samsung.
After the successful release of Huawei P9, the company has launched its latest version Huawei P9 Lite. It has even better features and good for people having a low budget.
Requirements to Install TWRP and Root Guide to Huawei P9 Lite
If you want to modify the system firmware by rooting or installing TWRP, then you must first take the following steps into consideration.
- This guide will only be applicable to Install TWRP and Root Guide to Huawei P9 Lite. Do not use this for any other smartphone.
- Install Huawei P9 Lite drivers on your computer. They will be needed for connecting your phone with the computer.
- Make a backup for all of your phone’s data as you may be required to reset your phone in this process. Use a USB, SD card, Google drive or any other storage platform.
- Enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlocking” from your phone’s settings > Developer options.
- Make sure your phone is sufficiently charged to carry out the whole process. Otherwise, it might brick your phone.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9 Lite
- Firstly, you need to sign up for a Huawei account. Type your email address and password.
- You will receive a code on your phone as soon as you make an account. Save that code somewhere to remember it.
- Then connect your Huawei with PC by using a USB to Install TWRP and Root Guide.
- Download “maf32.exe” software on your computer. Open the downloaded file and install the software.
- After installation, launch it as “Administrator”.
- Check the connection between your phone and PC by typing the following command.
If the connection is made, then you will see the name of your device in the next step. Otherwise, reinstall the phone drivers to PC.
- After that, type the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- In the final step, type the following command.
fastboot OEM unlock XXXXXXXXX
(replace xxx with the code that you had received previously).
Now you have unlocked the bootloader. Now you are good to install TWRP to your Huawei P9 Lite and then reboot it.
How to Install TWRP on Huawei P9 Lite
- First of all, download TWRP Custom Recovery image file and rename it. File will be saved in .img format with the name you select e.g. xx.img
- Now go to maf32.exe file and type the following command there to flash TWRP.
fastboot flash recovery xx.img
(replace xx with the name of the .img file)
- When the process is completed, reboot your phone.
In this way, you can install custom recovery of TWRP to gain access to the system software.
[Here is another guide for you to Install TWRP and Root Guide: How to Root Smartphones and Install TWRP]
How to Root Huawei P9 Lite
- To root your device, you need to first download the latest “SuperSU” package on your computer the.
- Then connect your phone to the PC via USB and transfer the SuperSU package to the phone.
- Then press and hold “Volume Up + Power” buttons for a while until your phone boots into recovery mode.
- When your phone goes to recovery mode, tap on “install”. Then find “SuperSU” zip folder and install it to your phone.
- Confirm the installation process by sliding.
- Then return to the main menu of TWRP and reboot your Huawei P9 Lite.
Now you have successfully rooted Huawei P9 Lite. If you want to check, you can install “RootChecker” app from Google Play store.
Follow the above steps in the sequence to achieve the successful device root.