Custom ROM provides best features and excellent user interface. If you are using Huawei P9 Lite and want to install a custom ROM for better performance of your device, then this guide will help you to Install a Custom ROM to Huawei P9 Lite.
In this tutorial, we shall show you the installation procedure of custom ROM using AutoRoot tools. Installing custom ROM to Huawei P9 Lite is safe and secure.
Custom ROMs for Huawei P9 Lite are attractive and can be downloaded for free. The best thing about Android is that you can always customize the phone in your own way.
Why should you install a custom ROM
A custom ROM interferes with your device’s operating system and replaces it with a new version which is better in its features and functions. Custom ROM gets your device to the latest Android version. If you have not updated your phone, then you can install a custom ROM for accessing the latest Android version.
You can replace manufacturer skin with a stock version of Android by installing a custom ROM. If your device already has a stock ROM, then you don’t have to go for this.
Custom ROM installs skin which customizes entire looks of your Android operating system. Custom ROMs offer many other features other than these.
Pre-requisites of installing a custom ROM
Before installing a custom ROM, make sure of the following things:
- This process is specified for Huawei P9 Lite and should not be used on any other device. So make sure you are using the right device.
- Keep your phone’s battery charged up to 50% minimum.
- Make a backup of all your data.
- Install USB drivers for your computer.
- Enable USB debugging.
- The ROM which you choose should be developed by the trusted Android developers.
The most recommended custom ROM for Huawei P9 Lite is “Cyanogen Mod”. It has an amazing user interface and will turn your device into a real beauty. It has a trusted source and is developed by the best Android developer.
Procedure to install a Custom ROM to Huawei P9 Lite
Now proceed for installing a Custom ROM on your device by following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, download and install the latest version of “AutoRoot Tools” and then Install a Custom ROM to Huawei P9 Lite.
- Then Run AutoRoot Tools on your computer and connect your smartphone device with a USB cable. Your computer will start detecting your device, wait until it is detected and gives your Huawei P9 Lite model number.
If it is not detected automatically, then you can manually set your device by going to settings.
- A pop-up message will occur which says “Allow USB debugging”. Check on “Always allow from this computer” and then click “OK”.
- You will see a list of custom ROMs, select the one you wish to install and click on it. You can also search for a downloadable compatible firmware file.
- Click “Start” and wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
- When it is completed, you have installed a custom ROM to your device.
[Here is another guide for you: How to root Samsung Galaxy smartphones]
Apart from Cyanogen, there are other custom ROMs as well like Paranoid, Cataclysm, Resurrection Remix and a lot more. So you can choose any one of these which seems suitable for you but the procedure to install them on Huawei P9 Lite is the same as mentioned above. So, go for an update and install a custom ROM to have more exciting features.