Now you can download Stock Firmware for Huawei P9 Lite. This has the latest 6.0 Marshmallow firmware in the package that brings many improvements in the system. So, if you want to Install Marshmallow B130 to Huawei P9 Lite then this guide will help you.
B130 Marshmallow is for European variant VNS L31. Huawei P9 Lite is the third phone of the series after the successful launch of P9. It has some awesome features which make this phone one of the best phones within this price range.
Features of Huawei P9 Lite
Some of the features of Huawei P9 Lite are as follows;
- 20” FHD display
- 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution
- 7 GHz octa-core Kirin 650 processor
- 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage
- 13MP primary camera, 8MP front camera
- 3000mAh battery
So, you can see this phone is remarkable in its specifications. If you want to update it to the latest Marshmallow then in this guide we are providing you two methods for this. You can choose any method which suits you. The information for this Marshmallow firmware is given below;
Marshmallow firmware info
- This firmware is for Huawei P9 Lite
- Its model is VNS-L31
- Marshmallow Android version 6.0
- Firmware B130
- European variant
- Its type is full firmware image
- Size of the package is 1.62 GB
Requirements to Install Marshmallow B130 to Huawei P9 Lite
Before installing the firmware, you need to be careful about a few things. These requirements are mentioned below.
- This firmware is exclusively for Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31. Don’t try to install it to any other device.
- The phone must be on stock firmware and stock recovery. Otherwise, you won’t be able to go for installing this firmware.
- Make a backup of your data because it may delete all your data. So it’s better to be on a safe side and keep a backup beforehand. You can use USB, Google drive, Dropbox or any other storage device.
- Make sure that your phone is charged to complete the whole process without going off.
When you are done with the above requirements, you may proceed to the installing procedure.
Installation Procedure of Stock B130 Marshmallow Firmware to Huawei P9 Lite
There are two methods for installing this firmware to your device. We will go through both of them one by one.
[If you like to read more about Marshmallow here is a tutorial: Key Features of Android Marshmallow]
METHOD (I) to Install Marshmallow B130 to Huawei P9 Lite
- First of all, download Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM for Huawei P9 Lite. You can download it from the link below.
Once it is downloaded, extract the files.
- Then create a folder in your SD card and place the “update.app” file, present in the extracted files, in that folder.
- Then go to “Settings” on your phone and then select “update”.
- After that, choose “local update” and you will see “update.app” file. Click on it and the installation will start.
- Wait till the installation is complete. Then reboot your phone.
- First of all, download Stock ROM for Huawei P9 Lite and extract the folder.
- After that create a folder in SD card and place “update.app” in that.
- Then turn off your phone.
- Press and hold “Volume Up + Power” buttons together. The update will start automatically.
- Wait for the installation to be completed.
That’s it! You’re done with installing the latest update to your phone. Enjoy your device with its improved features.