In the guide below, we will be going through a step by step guide for Installing Project Spectrum ROM on OPPO F1 (Marshmallow). Here’s how to Install Custom ROM on OPPO F1 :
Although installing custom ROM your phone gives you admin control of your phone but it also involves a lot of risk. Failing to follow the steps properly can result in bricking your device and the repair can cost the price of the phone itself. After installing custom ROM, you cannot claim warranty in case your device malfunctions in future.
Please make sure to go through these prerequisites prior to installing custom ROM.
- The method is specific for OPPO F1 running on Android Marshmallow. Don’t attempt this method on other variants.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- The process wipes data from your device, so please create a backup of your important data on an SD-card or PC.
- Make sure you have a battery backup of at least 50%.
- Please note that this process works for the stock recovery as well as the custom recovery.
Install Custom ROM on OPPO F1:
Follow the below steps carefully to Install Custom ROM on OPPO F1.
- First of all, download the F1 Project Spectrum ROM file zip onto your PC.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB/data cable. Please ensure your PC has the right drivers and it detects your device.
- Copy/Paste the downloaded custom ROM from your PC to your phone’s directory. Avoid pasting in folders/subfolders.
- Now disconnect the phone from the PC and turn it off.
- Now press the Power+Volume Down buttons together to enter the recovery mode of your phone.
- Once, you have successfully entered the recovery mode. Wipe the data by tapping the labelled button.
- Now, flash the Project Spectrum ROM by navigating to the zip file that you previously copied to your phone’s main storage.
- After the ROM has flashed successfully, reboot your device to enjoy the new Project Spectrum ROM on your OPPO F1..
- The last step is to verify. For that, head over to Settings>About phone to check the installed ROM.
In case you encountered a problem, leave it below in the comment section. We will try our best to reply and rectify it.
Follow us up on Facebook to get root updates on upcoming devices.