Vivo Y51L is a powerful smartphone, running Android 5.1 OS. However, if you are not satisfied with that and want to enjoy more power out of its 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor, then you need to unlock bootloader and root Vivo Y51L.
All you need to do is to follow the steps below and you will have a rooted Vivo in your hands in 10 minutes. Follow along if you are ready.
Why unlock bootloader and root Vivo Y51L?
I’m sure many of you would want to look back at the reason they decided to unlock bootloader and root Vivo Y51L. Here are some of the most common reasons (as taken from emails that I get from rooting enthusiasts).
- Majority of people want to root this phone because they realize that this smartphone is a powerhouse, packed with 2GB of RAM and a powerful Snapdragon processor. All these need is to root it to unleash its true power.
- Some users don’t like the interface they get with Vivo so they want to replace it. The best way to completely overhaul the visuals of your phone is to install a custom ROM. To get there, you need a rooted phone.
- Some of us don’t like the bloatware (all the pre-packed apps) that come with Vivo phones. The purpose of rooting a phone in this case is to become the super user and remove all unwanted apps from the phone.
- Some of you might want to root the phone in an effort to improve its battery performance. It’s true that you can get better battery timing on a rooted phone as you can easily get rid of all the battery-hungry apps and services with erase.
If any of these reasons have inspired you to root this phone, you have come to the right place. This tutorial will help you with the easiest rooting tutorial that you could ever find. Just read and follow along. You’d be safe.
Before you start rooting….
It’s just about the time that you check charging of your phone. You don’t want to start rooting a phone that is under 80% charge. It can be unsafe and leave you with a bricked phone.
You should also ensure that your phone is exactly the same model as in the title of this guide. Don’t try this guide on another phone otherwise, you will end up with a dead phone.
Be sure that you are mentally ready to let go your phone warranty. Warranty will be over as soon as you root your phone.
Additionally, you need to meet the following requirements in order to proceed with this guide.
- Download and install adb and Fastboot Tools from this link.
- Download USB drivers for your phone from this link.
- Donwload Kingo Root Tools from this link.
Root Vivo Y51L
Before we start rooting this device, we need to unlock it. The manufacturer delivers it in locked state so that hackers won’t steal your important data.
If you want to root the phone, the only way forward is to breach this security wall and unlock the phone. Be sure to install an antivirus after unlocking the phone to remain on the safer side.
To unlock, follow the steps below.
- Go to settings in your phone and find Device Debugging options there. Enable it so that OEM is unlocked on your phone. We need this to proceed to the next step.
- I assume that you have already installed ADB and Fastboot on a PC. You can grab the installable files from the links above.
- Now open the command prompt on your computer.
- Switch off your phone and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now type the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’ and hit Enter to boot your phone in Fastboot mode.
- If you have done everything as instructed in this tutorial so far and have installed correct ADB and USB drivers, your phone should reboot now in Fastboot.
- Now to unlock the bootloader, simply type ‘fastboot oem unlock’ in command prompt and hit Enter.
Now you should have an unlocked Vivo Y51L in your hands. It’s time to root Vivo Y51L.
To root this unlocked phone, you don’t have to do much. Just uise the famous rooting app called Kingo Root to automatically root the phone. If you are not sure how to use this rooting app, follow the instructions below.
- Run Kingoroot Tools on your PC. You downloaded these tools earlier in this tutorial. In case you missed it, scroll up and download the tools now.
- Now connect your device with the PC using a USB cable.
- Kingoroot Tools will automatically detect your phone and display an option to root the phone.
- Click the ‘root’ button to start the procedure. It will take a minute or two to root your phone.
Enjoy your rooted Vivo Y51L.