If you own the famous Sony Xperia E3 and you want to install a custom recovery on your phone, then you have come to the right place. I will help you Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202 12 in this article.
The good news is that you don’t have to be a geek to install a custom recovery on your phone. I have added pictures and screenshots to help everyone follow along with ease.
Let’s not waste any time. Scroll below and start installing TWRP recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202 12.
Pre-requisites for this tutorial to install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202/12
To install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202/12, you need to meet certain requirements. These are the things that I assume you have checked.
- Make sure your phone is version 4.4.4. Don’t try this tutorial on any other version of Sony Xperia E3.
- You should unlock phone bootloader before you can follow this tutorial.
- This tutorial is for the D2202/12 model. Don’t try it on other models of Sony Xperia.
The tutorial below is easy to follow. However, I assume that you know what you are doing and you realize that installing a custom recovery on your phone could damage your phone. If anything goes wrong, don’t blame me. From here on, you are responsible for your actions.
Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202 12
Although there are a few custom recoveries you can install on Sony Xperia models, I always recommend TWRP. It’s the best recovery app with all the features that you need to take full control of your phone.
If you want to install another custom recovery, just follow this tutorial and replace TWRP file with your own recovery image. Other steps remain the same.
Now follow the steps below to install TWRP on Sony Xperia E3 D2202 12.
- Download a custom recovery image for your phone. You can download TWRP for your phone from this link. Make sure you download the file on your computer.
- Download Flashtool from this link on a computer.
- Now extract the TWRP zip file that you downloaded in step 1 earlier. Once extracted, you will have a file named Boot.img to install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202/12.
- You also need to extract the Flashtool zip file to find the installable file. Install Flashtool on a PC and run it.
- Now switch off your device. Press Volume Up and Power button together to turn on the device in fastboot.
- Check the Flashtool software running on your computer. It should display your phone in the list of connected devices. If you don’t see your phone listed there, make sure you have installed ADB drivers for Sony Xperia.
- After Flashtool has recognized your phone, it’s time to install a custom recovery. Click the OK button and provide the boot.img file that you extracted from TWRP zip earlier.
- Select a kernel that you want to flash along with the TWRP.
- The tool will run and install recovery on your phone automatically. You can take a sip of your coffee and lean back for a while.
- Once all done, you can restart your phone in TWRP.
What to do with custom recovery?
Now that you have installed TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia E3 D2202 12, it’s time to explore the new options that become a possibility with custom recovery apps.
Here is what you can do with your phone now.
- Root your phone: You can root your phone to gain admin privileges. One of the easiest ways to get root permissions is to install SuperSU app on Sony Xperia. You can easily flash SuperSU or other rooting apps through custom recovery.
- Install custom firmware: Once you have a custom recovery installed on your phone, you can easily install your favorite custom ROM on your phone with ease. Just download CyanogenMod or another ROM and install it using ‘install’ option found in the custom recovery menu.
- Install 3rd-party app packages: You can flash just about anything on your phone after you have installed a custom recovery. Some of you might want to install 3rd-party packages such as Google apps. Just download the package and install it using ‘install’ option from recovery menu.
You have done! Here you can learn more about Custom Recovery: Root Infinix Zero 3 and Install Custom Recovery