If you own a Lenovo Z2 Plus and you want to root it for better performance and control over the phone, you have come to the right place. In this article, I will help you Root Lenovo Z2 Plus in just 5 easy steps.
The good news is that everyone can follow these steps and root their Lenovo phones. I’ve added pictures along with these steps so that you can clearly see what to do to root your phone.
You just need to follow along.
Root Lenovo Z2 Plus – The ultimate 5-step method revealed
As I promised in the opening of this article, I will reveal the ultimate 5-step method to root this phone.
Rooting isn’t for everyone but if you are convinced that you should root your phone, you can root it with this method. There are no commands to enter and you don’t have to do a rooting crash course. Make sure you meet the following requirements.
- Create a backup of your important data stored on the phone. If you have stored this data on an SD card, be sure to remove it before you proceed with this tutorial. It takes only a minute to backup data on an Android phone.
- You also need to charge your phone in order to root it. Although you can start the rooting procedure at low charge, you might end up with a dead phone if it shuts down when core system files are being updated. That’s the reason you should always charge your phone to 50% or above.
- You can’t root your phone unless it allows installation from unknown sources. Unfortunately, Google Play store doesn’t list the rooting apps and the only way to use them is to install them by bypassing Play Store security. To do this, enable installation from ‘unknown sources’ by going to Setting and Device Administration from there.
Let’s not waste any more time. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to start rooting your phone now. Remember, you need to read each step carefully so that you can follow instructions properly.
Download Kingroot app for your phone. Unfortunately, you can’t download this app from Play Store for the reasons mentioned earlier. Use the link below to download the app.
Download Kingroot app to Root Lenovo Z2 Plus.
Move the newly downloaded app to your mobile if you downloaded it on your PC. Place it on either the phone memory or the SD card.
Now it’s time to install Kingroot. If you have already enabled installation from ‘unknown sources’, then the installation should take a second. Follow the steps below to install the app.
- Open file manager.
- Locate the apk file you downloaded earlier (Kingroot).
- Touch the file to start the installation.
Run the newly installed app on your phone. It will prompt you to root your phone since the phone is still unrooted. Click ‘start root’ and wait for a minute or two.
Make sure that your phone is connected to the internet so that the Kingroot app can download root files for your model from the internet. You can’t root with this method without a strong internet connection.
After the rooting process completes, your device will display a message saying ‘root successful’. This message indicates that you have obtained root Lenovo Z2 permissions. Now you can install any root checking the app to verify the root status of your phone.
That’s it. I’m sure you followed these 5 steps along and you have a rooted device in your hands. Goodluck!