Do you want to root Coolpad Note 5? The good news is that you have come to the right place. You will learn all about rooting this phone below.
But first, let’s know this phone a little.
Coolpad was released recently in India. It’s one of the coolest phones around with a 5.5 inch HD screen. It has capacitive touch and a resolution of 1080×1920 px. The phone is powered by a 1.5GHz processor that runs four cores (Quad-core) Snapdragon processor. For games and HD video, you have Adreno GPU that delivers crisp graphics and exceptional rendering.
The phone has 4GB of RAM that could be used more efficiently once you root this phone. Follow the rooting procedure below.
Simple Steps to Root Coolpad Note 5
Now it’s time to root Coolpad Note 5. It’s easy and it’s fun. Once you are done, you will have total control over what is installed on your phone.
Furthermore, you can install custom ROMs on this phone and turn it into a cool phone gadget. You can tweak its battery performance and make the processor use more of the available processing power.
There is so much that you can do with a rooted device!
So, I won’t keep you waiting for long. Let’s get on the rollercoaster.
The safety tips
First things first. A rollercoaster is fun as long as you have tried your safety belt. It’s the same with rooting a device. You have to first learn about the safety precautions.
- Don’t every root your phone when it’s displaying ‘low battery’ indicator. You don’t want your phone to die out while being rooted. This could prove fatal. It could end your joyride.
- Make sure you have charged your phone battery to 80% at least. Sometimes, downloading can take a long time. So make sure your device has enough power for such situations.
- If you can’t root your phone for some reason using this guide, don’t try another method unless you are sure that it works. Rooting involves changing some system files. So be sure you are safe.
- Follow this instruction guide as is. Don’t innovate or do stuff that you don’t understand. Just follow the easy steps and you’ll end up fine.
Step 1: Get everything together
Now that you know the thrill of the ride and have come prepared, it’s time to get your stuff together. Make sure you can check (tick) all the following before you go to the next step.
- Recheck your phone. Be sure you are using Coolpad Note 5 in this tutorial.
- Grab your phone’s USB cable. You may have to connect it to your PC during this tutorial.
- If you haven’t installed USB drivers for your phone on your PC, go ahead and install them now. If you can connect your phone to your PC successfully, then you have the right drivers already installed on your computer.
- Enable ‘Installation from Unknown Sources” on your phone. You can access this from phone settings>security. You need to have this enabled because you can’t install root applications from Play Store. If this setting is disabled, you can’t install any apk file manually i.e. from outside the Google Play Store.
- Create a backup of your important data. Although this procedure to root Coolpad Note 5 doesn’t require you to wipe your data, making a backup is still a good precaution before you try to root your phone.
Step 2: Download KingoRoot app
You can either root Coolpad by flashing a custom recovery or by using the KingoRoot app. Here, we will use the latter option.
Here are the reasons we rooted this phone using KingoRoot app.
- Flashing custom recovery to this phone is yet to be verified by a top developer at XDA. So the current recovery files are untrusted. They could contain a virus or a trojan. You never know.
- To install a custom recovery, you need to flash your phone using Odin for PC. It’s a high-risk procedure and not suitable for newbies.
- KingoRoot makes things easy as it only takes touching a few buttons here and there to root your phone.
Now let’s download this app. Grab your apk from the link below.
Once the download completes, open the folder where you downloaded the file and move to the next step.
Step 3: Move the file to your phone
Now it’s time to move this file to your phone. Grab your USB cable. Use it to connect your phone to your PC.
Open the folder where you downloaded the file. Copy the file and move it to the internal storage on your phone.
If you can’t connect your phone to your PC for some strange reason, simply move the file to your phone by copying it to an SD card. Go to file manager on your phone and move the file from SD storage to the internal storage later.
Step 4: Root your device now
Let’s root Coolpad Note 5 now. Follow the final few steps below.
- Click (touch actually!) the apk file that you just moved to your phone’s internal storage. You can use your device’s built-in file manager to navigate to the apk file.
- Your phone might display a warning to ‘enable installation from unknown sources’ if you haven’t followed the instructions earlier. Go ahead, scroll back to the top and solve this problem. Alternatively, read your screen and follow the instructions that popped up in that security warning. It tells you all you need to do.
- Once the app is installed, open it from app drawer.
- Locate the big blue button on the app.
- Press it and wait for the rooting process to complete. It might take some time depending on your internet connection. The app will download rooting files for your phone from the internet.
- Once done, check root status of your phone using your favorite root-checking app from the Play store.
Voila! Go rock the world. You have successfully rooted your phone.