Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus 3G is a perfect phone for everyone. It has powerful hardware that delivers smooth performance, whether you are a game enthusiast or spend time browsing through mobile apps. You can make this phone even better by simply obtaining root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus 3G permission.
Pre-requisites for rooting Lenovo Vibe K5
To root this phone, you need to meet the following conditions.
- Be sure that your phone is fully charged.
- Enable USB debugging by going to the Developer Options on your phone.
- Install USB drivers for your phone on your PC.
- Make sure you can connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable. This procedure won’t work if the connection between your computer and mobile isn’t good.
Although you should only try this method on Lenovo Vibe K5, some users have reported that it works with some variants as well.
Files to download
- Download TWRP Recovery from this link.
- Download ADB Fastboot and Minimal ADB from this link.
- Download SuperSU for your phone here.
Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus 3G
Step 1: Install TWRP Recovery
To root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus 3G, you simply need to follow easy steps below.
- Enable OEM unlock by going to Developer options in your phone.
- After you have unlocked your phone, connect it to your PC using a USB cable. Be sure to use a high-quality cable otherwise you might face frequent disconnection. This could lead to a damaged or bricked phone.
- Now move the TWRP file that you downloaded earlier to ADB folder.
- Open ADB folder as administrator from the right-click menu.
- To install TWRP, you need to run some commands as explained below.
- Now enter these commands in the command window by accessing it from ADB folder.
‘adb reboot bootloader’
‘fastboot flash recovery twrp-k5-3.0-n3_shreps.img’
It’s important to note that I’ve put ” around commands. When you input these commands, omit commas. Also, if you have downloaded a different version of TWRP, you may have to change the last command and provide the exact .img file name to make this command work.
When you enter the last command, wait a few minutes. Your phone is being flashed. Once the process is finished, you should have a custom recovery installed on your phone. This procedure should not take more than five minutes.
Root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
After completing the first step, it’s time to root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus.
- To root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus 3G, you need to download SuperSU. Download it from the link above and copy the downloaded file to your phone’s SD card.
- Now turn off your phone and go to recovery mode. You can access recovery mode on this phone by pressing Volume Up and Power button together.
- From recovery screen, select Install. When your phone prompts for the file to install, browse to SuperSU that you moved to your SD card earlier.
- When the installation completes, you can restart your phone in normal mode.
Congratulations! You have obtained root Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus.