Do you wish you could root Samsung J7 Prime? This is a top-quality phone and you would definitely benefit a great deal by rooting it.
We will root this phone using Team Win Recovery Project. This custom recovery works great for Samsung J7. This tutorial will include all the steps you need to follow in order to install this custom recovery on your phone. Once it’s installed, you will have root access to your phone.
Moreover, Team Win Recovery will allow you to flash custom ROMs to your Samsung phone. With custom ROMs, you can easily customize the look and feel of your phone. You can also repair file system and improve battery life of your device using this app.
Now let’s root the phone.
Root Samsung J7 Prime
Start by reading the precautions below.
- When you root, you will lose your phone warranty.
- Charge your phone battery to continue with this process. If you proceed with a low-battery phone, it might die on you during the rooting process. If that happens, your phone will be dead and it would be just like a brick.
- You follow this procedure at your own risk. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong during the flashing process.
To install TWRP, follow the easy steps below.
- Download Odin.
- Download TWRP for your phone from this link.
- Run Odin on your PC.
- Now go to AP slot (or PDA, depending on the version of Odin you are using) and simply browse to the recovery file you downloaded earlier.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Restart your phone in download mode by pressing Power + Home +Volume Down button, all together.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. Odin should detect it and display your device in ‘connected devices’ area.
- Make sure that you have unchecked ‘auto reboot’ setting on Odin screen.
- Now hit the Start button on Odin.
This should start the flashing process. Once it completes, you will see a prompt saying ‘PASS’. Disconnect your phone now and put it in Download mode again by pressing Power+Home+Volume Down buttons together.
When your phone goes to recovery, it will display a blank screen. Press Volume Up instead of Volume Down. Don’t release Power and Home buttons yet.
Now you will be able to see TWRP screen on your phone. It indicates that you have installed a custom recovery on your phone.
Root Samsung J7 Prime
To root Samsung J7 Prime, you need to unlock your phone. You can unlock it by simply going to Settings >Developer Options. Enable OEM unlocking from there. Once you have done this, you are ready to start rooting your phone.
You will need to download SuperSU to root your phone. Download SuperSU from this link.
Now copy the downloaded SuperSU file to your SD card. Insert it in your mobile and restart in recovery mode.
Once you are in TWRP, flash SuperSU. It should take only a minute.
When the process is complete, restart your phone and enjoy your rooted device. Remember, you can install custom ROMs and all kind of apps and themes on a rooted phone. You can easily optimize its battery and CPU performance after rooting the phone. Moreover, you can remove any apps you don’t like, including the pre-installed apps that your manufacturer won’t let you uninstall without rooting your phone.